Obstacle

" Stop this marriage. "

Jai and Vennela looked up to find their family priest standing in front of the mandap.

" What are you saying Pandit ji? Why can't this marriage happen? " asked a family member.

" There's a Mangala Dosh in Vennela's Kundali. "

" But you had seen it before and you said it's all fine and they can marry. "

" There was some mistake from my assistant's side. Now I have checked it myself. They're not meant to be. "

Vennela was almost in tears.

" What nonsense is this now? " Jai asked.

" This is true. If you marry her you will suffer in terms of wealth and health. "

" I don't believe all this. "

" That's upto you. But this marriage will ruin everything. "

" Isn't there any remedy? " asked someone from the family.

" Yes... It's there. He have to marry someone else than Vennela. She can be his second wife. Not first wife. "

Manasa was contented. She looked at Poorna.

" Thank you so much. It's all because of you. "

Poorna was equally shocked as others.

" I don't know Manasa, I did went to him to bribe him but he didn't agree. "

" What? "

" Your words doesn't make any sense to me. Vennela is the daughter of this family too. When she never brought any bad luck for the house why would this happen now? " Jai asked furiously.

" Because Mangala Dosha has major effects on marriage only. "

" Done? Is there anything else you want to say? "

" Jai? " warned his father.

" Nanna. Not this time. I won't take anything against my wife. Marriage will happen as per the Muhurat. That's it. "

He asked the Pandit to carry on the formalities and sat in his place.

" Take your place Veenu.. "

Anyone couldn't say a word in front of his determined attitude.

Pandit ji continued the chants and Jai put a pinch of vermillion on her hair partition. After that he tied the mangalsutra knot three times and took seven rounds and vows around the holy fire. Now they were one.

Manasa was stupefied the way her only love got married in front of her eyes. Those were moist and her vision was blurred. Poorna tried to console her by placing his hand on her shoulder. She shrugged off and left the place.

-----------------------------------

" I'm sorry, Jai is a city boy and he doesn't believe in all this. Also, once we had to cancel their marriage already for unavoidable reasons. This time he didn't want to. " said Vennela's mother.

" And last time what had happened you remember that well. Don't you? "

" Yes. "

" That time only the pre wedding rituals were done and all that happened. Now imagine what will be the repercussions. "

" Is there any way out? "

" I can't guarantee it's effects. But do a Small Puja on this coming Tuesday. May be that will help lessen the affects. I will give you details later.

--------------------------------------

Jai was busy on his phone standing near the window when Vennela entered the room with a glass of milk. She closed the door and placed the glass with thud drawing his attention. He walked to her and sat beside her.

" Vennela... When did you enter? "

" When you were busy over phone. Can I ask who's more important for you than your wife in the first night? "

" Hmmmm... Insecure wifey I like it. "

He placed his palm on her bare waist and pinched it hard. She winced in pain.

" So are you ready for the adventure Mrs Jai. " He asked taking the glass of milk from table. She snatched it from his hand.

" I guess you are in full of your strengths. You don't need this. "

She consumed the milk in three to four gulps. He looked at her awestruck.

" Hello. That was for me. "

" What is yours and what is mine? We are one now.... "

" Not in all terms... " he winked.

Jai held his shoulders and laid her on bed mounting on her. She covered her face with her palms being all shy. He kissed her palm and removed. Her eyes didn't meet his gaze. She looked down.

" How'll I make love if you continue blushing like that? "

" Bava wait... "

" What? "

" My jewelleries. I should keep them in safe place. "

He cringed his face. She opened her jewelleries and placed them in a box and sat beside him.

" Now  done? May I continue? "

" No... I'm tired. "

He pulled her and joined his lips with hers. She clutched his shirt in fear.

" Are you scared? " Jai asked breaking the kiss.

She nodded her head in no then yes.

" Why? "

" Actually. It's my first time and I'm shy. "

" Is it so. Even I'm not experienced. Don't worry. All shyness will disappear after 2-3 times. "

He immersed his face in her neck and kissed her. And here comes the disturbing element. Jai got annoyed with the sound of the door knock. Vennela chuckled.

" Who's there at this time? "

" I'll check. "

Continued....

Love all.... Thanks for reading ♡