Puja

" Were Manasa and you in a relationship? "

" Vennela? "

" Please be honest. Don't lie to me. "

" Why should I? But from where you got this bizarre idea? How could you think like that? "

" I have reasons. Just prove me wrong. I love you and I can't take this feeling in my heart. It's a burden for me. "

" Trust me. We had nothing between us. Yes, she did love me. "

" So why didn't you tell me that before? Why did I get to hear this from others? "

" Because... It's not because I wanted to hide something from you but I didn't feel the need of raising that topic between us. I thought it's all over. But... "

" How a girl falls in love and starts dreaming about the guy if that person doesn't give her hints? "

" Vennela please. That girl is gone now. Can we stop talking about it? "

" Why? Don't you have answer for this? "

" Think whatever you want to. I won't stop you. " he shouted and stormed out leaving her in tears.

She slept on her stomach and cried hiding her face in the pillow.

--------------------------------
Puja preparations were going on. Vennela was called downwards. Jai was already present there. Her eyes were swollen and kinda red due to crying. She looked at Jai who eyed her then ignored.

" Vennela come here

" Vennela come here. You have to start the rituals. And what is this? "

" What Amma? "

" How many times I ask you not to keep you hair open like this. Come let me tie them. "

" Come on. You believe in all this in this era. " her husband spoke.

" Bad omens doesn't arrive after seeing the era. Listen to what I say. I have reasons and facts to believe in all this. "

" Yeah whatever. "

She took Vennela with her to the mandap and tied her hair ta bun.

" Now what's this? Where's your Sindur? "

" Sorry Amma, I forgot. "

" What if something happens to Jai. Whom will you say sorry? "

" Jai...Come son...Put the Sindur  in her head. Ritually you're supposed to. "

He came giving an uninterested look and put the vermillion in her hair partition. She gazed at him but he looked away from her eyes. They performed a small puja then handed her a kalash.

" Now take this to the riverside and take 10 rounds the banyan tree in bare feet and pour the contents in the holy water.

" Okay. "

" Is that necessary to be done that way? Her feet are delicate. " Jai spoke in between.

" But you can't wear shoes while doing Puja. "

" But she can ride bike right? "

" Sorry? "

" I'll drop her to that place on bike. "

" Okay you can. "

------------------------------

Vennela was sitting behind Jai keeping her on hand on his shoulder.

" You're angry with me? " Vennela asked.

He didn't respond.

" Well.. I should have been angry. But okay. I'll pacify you. "

Just then the bike ran into a pothole and they felt a big jolt. He held the hand kept on his shoulder and moved it to his chest.

She smiled and kissed on his shoulder. He smiled a bit but chose to trouble her more.

They reached the place. She started taking the rounds with the kalash in her hand while Jai watched from distance with much annoyance.

She was taking the ninth round when her feet stumbled on a rock and she fell on her chest. Her hair bun opened due to the jerk.

Jai saw her and came running. He made her stand on feet.

" Why so clumsy? How did you fall? "

" Bava... It's all waste. See the Kalash is emptied here only. Now what? "

" Vennela. Let it be. Don't say about this to anyone. Otherwise they will extend our separation period to ten more days. "

He said as he slid his hands on her bare abdomen.

" Bava... You're joking. I'm really tensed. "

" Nothing will happen. Just do one thing. You don't know how virtuous it is to keep your husband happy. Just do that god will be happy with you. "

" Shut up. Leave me. It's not our bedroom, an open field. "

" Perfect. Way more romantic place to make out. "

He turned her and pulled into a hug. She responded even more passionately. Hardly they were aware of a third someone's presence observing them. Their shadows that fell on the ground due to the reflection of moon in that lone place was accompanied by a third one.