O N E

*Not edited*

Alex's POV

A loud bang of thunder startles me awake. "Really!? Come on!" I yell out to no one in general. I had just straightened my hair yesterday and of course it's already raining. One drop of water and my hair puffs up like a lion's mane.

With an annoyed grunt I get out of bed and start getting ready for my first day at my new college. I'm starting my second semester of college, I went to a different school last semester. I transferred schools because it was better for my financial situation.

I walk to my closet and pick out a maroon flannel and a pair of black leggings then slip on my black combat boots. Throwing on a raincoat I walk to the bathroom to brush my teeth and finish getting ready. I looked at my light brown skin in the reflection to check for any obvious blemishes. After I apply light make up I skip across the hallway, passing my roommates room, making my way to the kitchen for a quick breakfast.

Heading out the door I call out to Samuel, my roommate, "Bye Sam see you later" knowing he was most likely still asleep I rush out the door, not waiting for a reply.

Taking the elevator, I make it downstairs walking out to the parking lot. I glance at the time to see I have eight minutes to get to my first class. Crap. It takes me fifteen minutes to get to University of North Texas, my college, and that's without traffic. Unfortunately since it's raining, traffic is going to be hectic. With that thought on my mind I speed out the parking lot.

***

I burst through the classroom door and rush to the first seat I see available. Once I am situated and have everything out I need, I look up to see everyone's eyes trained on me. I can feel a faint blush creep up onto my cheeks. With a scowl the professor clears his throat then spoke, "If you come into my room making that much noise again, I will kick you out of this class permanently. Understood?"
With my head down I whisper, "Yes sir. I'm sorry."

After hearing my answer he continues on talking about the syllabus and his expectations for the class. I take this time to look at my surroundings. To my left sits a nice looking girl. She is white with brown hair and looked extremely studious because she was writing down every single word the teacher said. I shake my head at her and look to my right to see bright hazel eyes staring at me. A small gasp escapes my mouth at the intensity in them. I quickly turn away but out of the corner of my eye I could make out a few features of the beautiful male specimen. I can tell he is very tall, even sitting down he towers over me. He is wearing black skinny jeans, a jean jacket, and black Timberland boots. It's obvious he works out because his muscles where protruding from his jacket. He has chocolate dark skin and a thick beard. His hair is a typical black guy style, faded on the side and twisted at the top.

I look back up at his face and see his eyes on me. He has a sexy smirk on his face, probably because he caught me checking him out. I almost melt in my seat from his intense gaze. Almost.
I have the sudden urge to lean closer to him and embrace him, but of course I would never do that. I don't even know him. For all I know he could be a typical cocky self-centered fuck boy. I force myself to avert my gaze and try not to look back at him for the rest of the class but I can feel his eyes on me the entire time.

***

Darius' POV

Do you ever just hate your teacher even though they haven't done anything to make you hate them? Yeah, well I'm getting that feeling right now. My professor, Mr. Livedallen, is the rudest person ever. He came in to class with a scowl and still 10 minutes later has a scowl on that ugly face of his. The old professor Ms. Stapleton was pretty chill. She made class actually fun and I guess you could say I was somewhat excited to go to her class. Whatever. She's gone now and left us with this annoying bas--

My train of thought gets interrupted when the door is slammed open. I can't see her face since her head is down, but along with her came the most delicious scent. She smells of a sweet strawberry fragrance and cherry blossoms.
Mate!
My wolf is howling in my head, obviously very excited that we finally found our mate.
As alpha of my pack, finding my mate is extremely important because a pack can't last without their Luna. When I tell Drew, my best friend and beta, about my beautiful mate he will be stoked.
I focus back on my mate as she maneuvers around the lecture hall.
She came and plopped down in the seat next to mine. Immediately I study her features. She has creamy light brown skin. She looks about 5'8 though that doesn't compare to my towering height at 6'5. Her dark silky hair that is somewhat frizzed up most likely because of the rain, reaches halfway down her back. Long luscious eyelashes surround her bright green eyes and cute freckles are splattered across her nose.

Her innocent gaze slides to me and I don't miss the sharp intake of breath she takes when our eyes connect.

Hey it's me! My name is JaKaria but you can call me Kari. This is my first book so bare with me. Meaning this isn't going to be the greatest book ever but I am writing to the best of my ability. So continue reading and enjoy! Vote and comment. 😁👋