T W E L V E

*Not Edited*

Alex's POV

I wake up the next morning with a start. I reach over and shut off my alarm clock while looking at Ben to make sure he's okay in his little home. I bought him an large tank with plants, sand, rocks and a small fake castle for him to sleep in.
I smile when I see Ben through the opening of his castle, sleeping.

My smile fades as I think about how I am going to see Darius again today in class. I'm not ready to talk to him again, he hurt me yesterday by his actions. I knew getting too attached to him was a bad idea.

However, I know I can't ignore him because we have to finish our project and I will fail without him. I guess I'm going to have to push back my feelings and get through today.

With a dejected sigh I push back my blankets and climb out of bed. I walk over to Ben's tank to feed him some of the food I bought at the pet shop yesterday.

"Rise and shine Ben! Time to eat." I exclaim as I pet Ben's shell and give him the food.
He eats the food so slowly and adorabley, I love watching him do things. He somehow makes every thing he does look cute.

After I finish feeding Ben, I walk to my closet to pick out my clothes for the day. I'm not in the mood to dress up today so I pick out a pair of black leggings, a grey sweatshirt, and grey ugg boots.

I bring my clothes to the bathroom and take a quick shower before I get dressed.
After I'm dressed, I brush my teeth and put on some mascara before I walk back to my room and grab my bag.
I say bye to Ben and walk out into the hallway.
I pass Sam's room and peek in. It seems like he is finally home. He didn't come back at all last night and I was starting to worry about him. Him not coming home, also meant I didn't have a chance to interrogate him about Darius and get the answers I needed.

I smile sadly before heading out the door and down the elevator.
As I walk outside my apartment complex, I notice the hole I made in the wall yesterday.
Seeing it now brings an odd feeling to my stomach.

How did I do that?

Is there something wrong with me?

Should I be worried?

These thoughts were running through my head as I drove to UNT for another long day of classes.

As I arrive to the class I have with Darius, those worrisome thoughts leave my mind. It sucks that the class I have with him is the only class I have Monday-Friday. All of my other classes are either Monday-Wednesday-Friday or Tuesday-Thursday.
At times like these, I need a break from Darius.

As I walk to my seat, I see that Darius is already there and looking at me.

"Well, here I go," I think to myself as I take a seat.

Before he can say anything, Jade says 'Hi' beside me. I give a sigh of relief. This gives me a chance to prepare myself to confront Darius and a chance to catch up with Jade. We haven't been hanging out as much lately in the past few weeks.

I look to Jade and say, "Hey! How's it been going? Are classes going well?"

"It's been going good, but you know college, it's so stressful. However, my classes are going decently, no C's just yet. Fingers crossed it stays that way," laughs Jade.

"I'm glad you've been doing well. My life has been pretty odd these last 24 hours," I reply.

"Well spill girl! Tell me all about it."

I glance over at Darius to make sure he's not paying attention, before I start to whisper to Jade.

"So, you know how we have the project right? Well my partner is Darius and he came over to my apartment to work on it yesterday afternoon."