F O U R T E E N

*Not edited*

Alex's POV

Your call has been forwarded to an automatic voice message system. 817-555-7826 is not available. At the tone, please leave a message..

Beep!

I huff out a frustrated breath and end the call. I call Darius again for what seems like the millionth time.

*Ring, ring, ring, ri~*

Your call has been forwarded to an automatic voice message sy--

I cut off the automatic voice message by pretty much stabbing the hang up button with my finger only to immediately call Darius yet again.

*Ring, ri~*

Your call has been forwarded to an automatic voice message system. 817-555-7826 is not available. At the tone, please leave a message..

Fine then! If he won't answer me I'll just leave a message.

Beep!

"Hey Darius it's me, Alex.. obviously you already know that but I just thought I should make it clear that it is in fact me leaving you this voice message right now and it is in fact me the person who is blowing up your phone with calls. 'Cause, you know, maybe you thought it wasn't me calling you and that it was just some one calling you from my phone. Yeah, that's probably why you aren't answering my calls, not because you're mad at me or anything but I digress. Anyway, even though you most likely already know, the reason I'm calling you is becau--"

Beep!

Your message has been forwarded to 817-555-7826.

I take my phone from my ear and look down at it with bewilderment.

"Huh. Okay then." I tug my lip into my mouth with my teeth unconsciously and call Darius again. Man, I must seem really clingy right now, I randomly think to myself.

*Ring, ring, ri~*

Your call has been forwarded to an automatic voice message system. 817-555-7826 is not available. At the tone, please leave a message..

Beep!

Okay let's try this again.

"Hey! It's me again. I got cut off last time. I was, well I am, nervous because you seemed really upset when you left and when I get nervous I can't help but ramble on. It's not a great quality to have really. Quite upsetting actually now that I think about it. You know? 'Cause I can't, like, control my rambling and sometimes I ramble on and on and I don't even notice that I'm doing it." I stop myself and sigh." Crap. I'm doing it again. Sorry, I really can't help it. Okay, I need to focus. Why was I calling you again? Oh right! It's not what you thin--"

Beep!

"Ugh! Jesus, let me talk for more than two seconds." I snap frustratingly at my phone.

I call Darius and wait for the whole automatic voice message crap to be done with, then continue where I left off.

"Yep, you guessed it, it's me the one and only, Alex. Anyway, I'm going to get straight to the point this time, I promise. I swear, Darius, on everything holy I'm not going on a date with anyone. I'm just going to hang out with my new bud, Ravioli, he's a nice guy. I think you two will make great friends. We are just friends though Darius. I'm not going to lie. He did want to go on a date, but I shot him down immediately so we are just hanging out as friends! Would you like me to say that again for reassurance? Me and Raphael are f-r-i-e-n-d-s, buddy's, pals. Nothing else, okay? Okay. So.. yeah just wanted to make that clear. Hope we're still good. Bye!"