E I G H T

*Not edited*

Alex's POV

"Sam! Come on, please!" I yell frustrated.

"Nope." He replies stubbornly

"Please!?"

"No."

"Just this once." I plead.

"No."

"No?"

Jade is standing in the doorway of Sam's room watching us with an amused expression. I had called her earlier and asked if she wanted to go to the mall with me and Sam, so we could find me a cute outfit to wear on my date with Darius. She was all for it, but Sam was a different story. He has no intention of leaving his current position sitting on a bean bag, surrounded by junk food, playing video games.

"I don't understand why I am needed. You're going shopping. I can't help you out with that."

"...I need your moral support!"

For the first time since I stepped foot into his room, Sam looks up from his game and gives me a disbelieving stare. "Definitely not."
"Well I need a guy's perspective! What is it with guys and hating the idea of shopping?"
"I don't want to walk around the mall for hours while you try and find an outfit for your dumb date, Lexi."
"Sammmmmmy, stop being so stubborn" I whine. Sam just gives me an annoyed look and goes back to his game.
I glance at my watch to see I have spent the last fifteen minutes trying to convince Sam to go shopping with us. I sigh about to give up but come up with one last idea.

"If you come with us, we will get food afterward and I'll pay for yours!"

"Give me five minutes." He jumps up excitedly.

***

It's been about two hours since we go to the mall. Sam got restless, so he wondered off mumbling something about getting a snack. Me and Jade just walked into the sixth and hopefully last store today. All ready Jade is picking out outfits showing them to me. None of them really peaked my interest until she got to the last one. It was a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a black long sleeve crop top. The crop top had lace trimming at the bottom and I picked out some black high tops to go with the outfit.

"That's it." I stated happily "That is the one!"

"Good! Go try it on really quick. Then we can go get some food. I'm starving."

"Did someone say food?" Sam questions coming out of nowhere munching on a churro in one hand, a soft pretzel in the other. I roll my eyes not even surprised.

"I'll be back. Y'all decide what you want to eat." I say then walk off towards the dressing room. I was pretty hungry myself, so I slipped on the crop top and jeans quickly and thankfully it looked just as good on my body as it did in my head. Hopefully Darius likes it. I changed back and went to pay for the outfit. Luckily this store was having a sale, so I did not have to break my bank account to buy this.

I meet up with Sammy and Jade outside the store, "So what are we eating?"

"Chick-fil-a!" They exclaim at the same time.

***

Me and Sam get back home after parting ways with Jade around 2:00pm. Since my date with Darius isn't till six I have some time to relax and get ready. I got comfy putting on spandex and a big shirt that I stole from Sam, then I jump into my bed and snuggle under the covers suddenly feeling sleepy. Not long after I drift off to sleep.

I sit up abruptly and rub my eyes. I look at the clock on my bed side table, it reads 5:30pm! I let out a high-pitched scream. With my crazy hair, it always takes me forever to get ready. If I rush maybe, just maybe I'll be ready in time. I take a quick shower and wet my hair. I am about to get out when I realize I didn't shave, I quickly shave and jump out the shower. I decide to put my hair into a low, side bun with a braid running along my hair line.
I look at the clock and see its 5:50. Crap, I'm cutting it really close.
I decide to only put on a light amount of make up to save time, then I quickly jump into my outfit for the night.
As I'm slipping on my shoes, I hear a knock echo throughout the apartment.
"Sam, don't get the door, I'll be down there in a second."
I hear a muffled, "I wasn't planning on getting up anyway." from Sam's room as I put on my favorite perfume.
I roll my eyes at Sam when I pass his bedroom and start heading downstairs to the door.
Another knock sounds as I reach the door frame. I take a deep breath and twist the doorknob...

To be continued...

I know this was really short but it's only part one I will have part two out hopefully later today or tomorrow! Sorry for not updating last Friday I was busy all weekend and didn't have any time to write. Also, I have very important news to tell you guys at the end of the next chapter so make sure you check that out. I love all you guys thanks for the support. Vote and comment! ❤