T W E N T Y - O N E

*Not edited*

Alex's POV

"Prepare for Experiment T.K. trial number one on Patient D.110." A collection of voices murmur in reply, equipment clatters around, and what sounds like a machine wires on. I notice all of this with only my hearing, not able to see with my vision restricted to a surrounding of darkness.

After a while, another unfamiliar voice reaches my ear. "All set sir. Everything is ready to preform Experiment T.K." A loud, sadly familiar, psycho like laugh fills the area up, before the owner of the laugh's voice is right next to my ear. "Aren't you excited dearie?!" Comes his over excited words, making me cringe inwardly.

Whatever was over my eyes, I'm assuming a blindfold, is removed and I am met with the crazy guys face, mere inches away from my own. "Hello, hello, hello!" He tilts his head and his eye twitches. "Welcome to the lab-" He steps away from my line of view and walks behind me. A second later, I feel his cold hands grip my cheeks and he roughly turns my head to look around the lab. "-isn't it prettyyyy?" He draws out the word 'pretty' in a creepy sing-songy voice.

The first thing I notice is the large confining square, box with only myself and the crazy guy in it. It's see through, so I can see the swarm of what I assume is scientists wearing the typical white lab coat surrounding the box, a large number of them holding up clipboards and pens.

He releases his hold on my cheeks and walks back in front of me, blocking my view once again. I don't make eye contact with him and instead look down at my feet. Only now do I notice the chains holding me to the ground clasped around my ankles, inhibiting me from moving.

The crazy guy grips my hair and yanks my head up to look at him, causing me to wince. "What's wrong dearie? You look upset." He says this, but a smug knowing smile forms on his face, as he pretends to be clueless. I don't respond, only staring off into the distance, still not meeting his eye. I hear and feel him sigh deeply, as his cold breath blows right into my face. This makes me flinch from the disgusting smell of it.

"Fine. Fine, fine, fine, fine, fine! Are you not listening? I said fine! We'll start the first test if you want to do it so badly, just stop yelling." He screams at me, but his eyes are glazed over, switching back and forth from red to his regular brown eyes like before. He isn't looking at me but rather behind me.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say he's having another one of those weirdly disturbing spasms. He releases my hair from his grip and steps back a few feet. His hands start to shake as one of them reaches into his pocket and pulls out a knife holster with a knife placed safely in it.

My heart speeds up as I start to internally freak out. My mind automatically goes to an image of the crazy guy splitting me open with that knife and letting me bleed out until I die. I start to struggle against the bindings around my ankles when he slowly takes the knife out of its holster. Once the knife is fully out, he doesn't even glance at me as he brings the knife to his mouth. He parts his lips and puts the knife in his mouth, for some reason only then do I notice the yellow gooey substance dripping off the knife. As he sucks on the knife like a kid sucking on a lollipop, I can't help but find myself thinking that this dude is seriously messed up in the head. When he talked about himself, he said he was only "a little messed up in the head"... yeah no. This dude is batshit crazy. This realization only makes me not want to be in the same room with him even more.

After the whole knife thing is over, he seems to be a lot more calmer, which steadies my beating heart a little. He places the knife back in to the holster and makes eye contact with me. "Ahh, I feel much better now. That always helps me when I get a little fuzzy in the head." He twirls his finger around, pointing to his head and smacks his lips together in content. "Shall we begin?" He says in a extremely calm and zen voice, which only makes me freak out more because I'm not use to him being so... normal. The only response I give him is a deep, shaky breath.