ALTERNATE ENDING

ALTERNATE ENDING

So it's been a couple years since I've finished writing Trust Me and from the feedback that I got from the epilogue I thought I'd give everyone a treat and make an alternate ending.

I hope everyone likes this 😊

*Not edited*

*six years later*

I wobble over to browse the next rack of clothing. One hand unconsciously rubbing my rounded stomach the other sifting through cute maternity dresses.

Darius and I are at Target right now because he needed some things. I got bored so I ended up wandering over to the maternity section.

I turn around after hearing someone clear their throat behind me. A tall, dark haired Latino man stands a couple feet behind me with a charming smile on his face.

I smile back politely, "Hello.."

"Hey. How are you?" He speaks with an alluring accent.

A little confused as to why he's speaking to me I say, "Good. And you?"

"My day just got really good. My name is Moisés by the way, what's yours?"

"Alex."

"Cute name," his smile widens. " So Alex you got a man? Because if not I could take care of your baby and you."

I hold back the urge to roll my eyes and open my mouth to reply. Before I can even say anything someone else replies for me.

"She's good." A deep, menacing voice says.

Moisés flinches slightly at the sudden voice behind him. He turns around and looks up. Darius glares down at him and I can literally see the moment Moisés realizes who Darius is by the way his eyes widen slightly.

He holds his hands up in surrender and backs away a little from both of us. "My bad man. Didn't mean any disrespect, didn't know she was a taken woman."

Darius reaches out to pull me against his side possessively. He looks at the man with disdain, silently telling him to go away.

"I know when to take a hint. Nice to meet you Alex. Bye." Moisés says with an easy smile.

"Bye." I say because I have manners unlike Darius.

He clutches me tighter and growls low enough for only me to hear as the guy walks away. He then tilts my chin up with his hand and leans down to kiss me deeply. He pulls away after biting my lip lightly, leaving me breathless.

"You're mine." He says then crouches down and pecks my pregnant belly sweetly. "And so are you."

My cheeks flush and I look around quickly to make sure no one was around to witness that. When I don't see anyone I relax and smile down at Darius as I pull him back up to his feet.

"You're so cute when you're possessive over the baby." I say with a small giggle as Darius rolls his eyes sheepishly.

"I am not cute." He reaches down to grab my hand. "Come on. I'm ready to check out."

***

*later that day*

The breeze feels good against my hot skin as I sit in a lawn chair under the shade. Smooth R&B plays out of loud speakers and meat sizzles on the grill. I have been craving barbecue lately, so we decided to have a cook out and invited Raphael and Sam along with Drew and his mate.