T W E N T Y - T W O

*Not edited*

Darius' POV

I jump in my car and start driving towards the first address Alex's grandma gave me. She wrote out a list of places that she knows the old lab had connections with. Since it was shut down after the whole Patrick Bradley fiasco, the places should be abandoned.

Drew, I may have found Alex's location. Gather some pack warriors and meet me there. I'll text you the address, I mind link to Drew

Yes Alpha, Drew replies before I cut the mind link and send him the address. The address Miss Josie gave me is an hour out of town. Which may be why I couldn't sense Alex when I first started looking for her.

"I'm coming for you baby girl," I say to myself, before pressing down on the gas and speeding down the road.

***

The noise of me slamming my car door shut sounds loud and out of place, as I scan the deserted area around me.

A couple yards in front of me is a worn down abandoned warehouse. I focus on my wolf, searching for any sign of Alex being nearby, but I feel nothing.

My wolf whines sadly, worried for our mate.

I hear cars pull up behind me and turn around. I see Drew and five of my best warriors get out of two cars and rush towards me, ready for orders.

I look at them emotionlessly, "She's not here. You three scout the area, the rest come inside with me to see if we can find something useful."

Drew and two other warriors walk inside the abandoned building with me. The air is stale as we walk in, making breathing hard.

My pack members and I spread out. I walk into a room that is turned upside down. Tables are on their side, lab equipment is scattered around, and abandoned lab coats are on the ground. Everything is covered with a thick layer of dust, cobwebs hiding in the corners of the room.

As I take a closer look at my surroundings, I see that the lab coats have large tears in them. Like the occupant of them was attacked. This is probably the place where Patrick Bradley went insane.

I feel a gust of chilling air brush against my skin. I look behind me hurriedly, an uneasy feeling crawling up my spine. I blow out a breath and run a hand down my face when all I see is Drew and the pack warriors searching through cabinets. I still can't help but feel paranoid in this place.

"Darius you might wanna come see this..." Drew calls out looking down at something near his feet. I walk over to him and raise my eyebrows in surprise when I see what he's looking at.

There is a big pile of what looks to be old, dried up blood, but what's even weirder is the shriveled up, decaying fingers in the middle of the blood.

If this is what the Patrick guy has done to others, I don't want to even think of what he could be doing to Alex.

"We need to leave now. Every second we waste, Alex is in more danger." I say aloud, rushing to the exit, pushing past all the clutter.

We rush to the cars and drive off to the next location that Miss Josie gave me. It is only about twenty minutes away from the place we are currently at, so it wont take long to get there.

Twenty minutes later we arrive to a similar warehouse and without even stepping out of the car, I immediately get a bad feeling.

Once I do actually get out of my car, Drew and the pack warriors doing the same, the foul stench of blood surrounds me. Right away I can sense Alex, which makes me relieved and worried at the same time. What if that's Alex's blood I smell. I can sense she's not dead but what if she's seriously injured, on the brink of death.