Chapter 14 : Doubts and Selfishness

❤❤❤

"Yes. Thank you for telling me. I will of course talk to my daughter. Im sorry about this." Saegusa Kouichi said on the man he is talking with in the phone.

"Father." Mayumi said as she opened the door to his father's office.

"Mayumi sit down." He said as he put down the phone.

"Why did you call for me?" She asked with her hands clenched at the top of her lap, faking a calm smile in front of his father.

"How's school so far?" He said as he put his hand together and place his chin on it.

"Its been almost a month now, I think it's okay. Living alone can sometimes be hard though."

"I see. No other troubles?"

"Not at all. Father, please don't beat me around the bush."

"You are really an observant one. So you must also know that you are being followed by so many people since the start of your school up to now."

"I know. It's not just me who is being followed right?"

"Of course. Im glad he didnt repeat it again really. In which an incident where the man you are with... annihilated one of the man tailing both of you. Or should I say erased without anything left?"

"What do you want to tell me?"

"Mayumi you are going to date Itsuwa Hirofumi. Soon... engagement will be announced once it is successful. Do you think it's good for your image to be seen dating 2 guys at the same time?"

"The enagement will be called of once it didnt became fine with me and Itsuwa-kun right? And I love someone else. His name is Shiba Tatsuya, I love him." She shouted with tears accumulating in her fiery eyes.

"Mayumi ojou sama. Please calm down." Saburou said

"Its fine Saburou. Well Mayumi, Shiba-kun... where is he from? Extra? Hundred? Assistant Houses? Obviously not from the 10 Master Clans though."

"Not from anyone of that."

"Then, is he better than Hirofumi-kun?"

"Of course. Because I love him."

"You can learn to love Itsuwa Hirofumi as well if you want too."

"Love is not just a political game father. I have my own feeling as well. So please... Why don't you acknowledge us?"

"Itsuwa Hirofumi san will be giving you another chance despite of betraying him. Saying NO on your dates because you are busy and yet you are dating with someone else."

"So its you and the Itsuwa who are tailing us?"

"Mayumi, I will give you less than a month to cut your ties with him. If not, the Itsuwa clan and I will be the one dealing with him."

"Don't ever touch a single hair out of him!"

"He can protect himself very well as I can remember so we can't do anything rush with him. Framing up or kidnapping accusation is easy. So if dont want that then listen to us."

"But Father--"

"No buts. Go now and Listen."

"I hate you! You sly fox!" She said angrily and storm out of the room.

His father gave a sigh for her eldest daughter hating her and calling her some names just because of love issues. He stared at Mayumi's picture, since when she is still a child and her current. She smiled and removed her glasses to wipe the tear in the corner of his eye and said. "She grew up too fast. My adorable and talented Mayumi."