Chapter 26 : Awakening the secret weapon

❤❤❤

The day prior to the abduction of Saegusa Nozomi, at the Saegusa Residence in Tokyo.

"Saegusa-sama, sorry to interrupt you." Nakura Saburou said as he opened the door of his master's study.

"What is it Saburou-san?" Kouichi replied while browsing all the documents he asked for Saburou to find.

"Lieutenant Colonel Kazama Harunobu is here to talk to you personally."

"What?" Kouichi said in a surprised manner and kept all his documents into his desk's drawer.

"Should I let him come in Saegusa-sama?" Saburou asked

"I wonder what's this is about now. Fine. Let him in." Kouichi order in a more relaxed tone.

Saburou nodded and closed the door for a while giving Kouichi the time to fix himself and wonder what the National Defense Force needed to discuss with him.

"Kouichi-sama, it is nice to see you after such a long time." The lieutenant colonel said and extended his hand towards Kouichi.

"It's been a while indeed. Well, let's be prompt. What brought you here Kazama-san?

"You really don't like beating around the bush huh?"

"Both of our time is important. You won't come here on your own in the first place, if it is not. So spill it out would you?"

"Well. It's about your grand daughter. Saegusa Nozomi-sama."

"What about her?"

"She being you grand daughter is the truth. But Nozomi being your 1st son's daughter is a lie. She is Mayumi and Tatsuya's child isn't she?"

"Don't be ridiculous Kazama. Where did you even heard that story?" Kouichi said as he tried to laugh it off.

"Kouichi-sama. You know it's true. And you know the theory of Fire and Ice. You know that the result is the worlds greatest weapon, Project Armageddon."

"This is absurd Kazama. You are wasting your time."

"Kouichi! If you wont tell me the truth I can't promise you the safety of your family. The more you deny it, the more your family will be tormented. And worst you could be strip down of your title if the National Defense of Japan labeled you as a family plotting against destruction and aiming higher power for their own sake. You know that right?"

"I know that's all possible."

"Well then. Tell me the truth already. No harm will come to Nozomi and your family. And you can retain that noble position you have if you do."

"Promise me Nozomi's safety. I'll tell you everything you want to know."

Kazama Harunobo nodded and reassured Kouichi's request. And after that, Kouichi explained the information the National Defense wanted in exchange of Nozomi's safety as well as her custody.

Kazama stood up and bid farewell to the clan head of the Saegusa family and took his leave. His phone rang as he rode his car and answered it.

"Yes. It is confirmed. Nozomi is Saegusa Mayumi's daughter with Tatsuya-kun. She is the prophesied Project Armageddon. Commence the plan and ensure her safety. Disarm anyone who would stand in your way, as ordered."

◇◇◇

Present date and time at Osaka. As the group of USNA and National Defense Force headed by Lina Kudou Shields and Yanagi Muraji successfully captured Nozomi, they secured their escape route and tried to leave the area as fast as they could before Tatsuya could catch them.