Chapter 17 : The Art of Letting Go

Author's Note: Hey guys its June! It means that we are already on the half of the year 2018, oh my time flies so fast. And June is also special for me since it's my birth month. You know, I am so happy to see that this story was being noticed by a lot of people now. And really its an achievement for me since its my first Fanfiction. But we (me and the story) wouldnt make it all this way if it werent for you guys. So thank you so so much! And as a thanks, I will be uploading more! Uhhhm 3 chapters this month. One would be today, 1st of June. The 2nd would be on 10th of June and the 3rd is on 25th of June. Hope you guys will continue on reading this story and my other stories to come in the near future (uh i guess that will be before this year ends, hopefully). That's all guys! So without a further a do lets read the story...

❤❤❤

Days passed after Mayumi's incident and recovery, was also the peak of the issue in where the media is seeking the truth about her accident.

-Saegusa Mayumi, the eldest daughter of Saegusa Kouichi the current head of the Clan, had a car accident few days ago. A lot of speculization was made into a gossip because the Saegusa Family is still reluctant about saying the truth. But now the father of Saegusa Mayumi had finally spoke his mind. He said the accident of her daughter was due to a car malfunction. The car reportedly lost control of its break and the tire was hit by a sharp object thus making it more unbearable for Mayumi to control the car, instead of damaging and hurting civilians she decided to hit her car into an empty building and ended up having the injury to herself. Right now Mayumi is recovering and can't be shown to public. Also the Family head said that her daughter is now awake and not in a serious injury. This is Nagasaki Kureha reporting.-

"Father made such an interesting story huh?" Mayumi said as she turned off the television.

"I think its better, rather than saying you planned to escape your engagement with another man." Tomokazu replied while giving Mayumi some tea.

"I know. By the way brother, why dont they let me go home yet? I am all healed right?" Mayumi asked as she take a sip of her tea.

"You were involved in a car accident and now you are all healed up like nothing ever happened. No wound, scratch or anything. Do you think they will shut up if they saw you in that state? Also this is to protect the one that healed you."

"He should have not healed me anyways."

"Mayumi. What happened? After we saw you, you never mentioned his name. You didn't even asked us what happened, you just lied to them and cried in me."

"Because I simply heard everything while I am unconscious. All the things he told me, and the moment he said farewell. I simply wish he didn't helped me. All the pain I felt before he casted that spell on me was transfered to him, hundred fold. Now he bears more pain rather than me. Now, he also endure those pain without me. But on the otherhand I think this is just right, coz the more we love each other, the more we hurt each other too. Maybe its better to love each other from a far. Even if I ended up marrying Hirofumi-san, it is only Tatsuya that would make this heart of mine skip a beat."

"Mayumi. Why do you need to suffer like this?"Tomokazu said with a pitiful look in his eyes as he suts down near Mayumi.

"Im not suffering onii-san, im just in a difficult position."

"How about that ring?"

"He gave it to me. He put it in my hands along with those promises to love me even though we are not together. I... I will keep this, after all its the only thing that makes me feel close to him."

"If ever you had the chance to see him, what would you do?"

"I wont make it hard for him."

"What do you mean Mayumi?"