Chapter 21 : Root of Love and Regrets

"What are you playing? Announcing an engagement without asking me Maya-sama?" Tatsuya said angrily as he storms inside the office of Maya in the Yotsuba's Residence.

"I have accepted you and Miyuki back as an official Yotsuba a few days ago. And that acceptance marks you being on my guidance and protection. You need to marry Miyuki or else you will never have a position in this family."

"Then I'll give that position to you. I dont need it. I cant marry my sister!"

"I even go to such lenghts and announce you as my son just so you could marry her. And yet here you are whining about this things."

"You are not my mother. I don't need your name."

"Ungrateful man watch your words." Hayato said as he stand on Maya's side.

"You are going to marry Miyuki and cut all your relationshio with Saegusa Mayumi. You are still under the Yotsuba's leash Tatsuya."

Maya and Hayato went out leaving Tatsuya inside the study room. He was clenching his teeth with anger, his eyes became more colder, and his minds is suffering with all the thoughts of losing Mayumi again.

◇◇◇

"What are you even thinking Mayumi? At this moment you need Tatsuya's help!"

"I... I don't know. Mari should I tell this to father? Oh my gosh. Even my father might get angry. Uggghh I dont know what to do." Mayumi said frustrated at herself for being so scared. She doesnt even know what to do to the child she is bearing. She is still a university student and she dont want to stop her studies. She is afraid of what her father might do to Tatsuya and most of all, she is afraid if Tatsuya would even accept the child.

"How would you know if you wont tell them? Come back to your senses Saegusa Mayumi! Where's my smart and brave best friend." Mari said as she scold her. Sighing at every whining Mayumi does.

"B-But Father? What would he say?"

"I think your father would still like the child you are bearing. You know why? You are his daughter. It is his blood. And he accepted Tatsuya right? He is a Yotsuba after all. The blood of both strong clans are dwelling in that child's veins. There's no way he or she would not be accepted."

"But still. I- I cant tell father. I dont have the strenght."

"Then tell Tatsuya. He could help you."

"Tatsuya?" Mayumi sounding so surprised

"What reaction is that? Of course Tatsuya is the father.

"No. What I mean is, Tatsuya is calling... What should I do?"

"Answer it! What would I do with you Mayumi!"

Mayumi frowned looking like a problematic child. She stared blankly at her phone for a while before answering his call.

"Uggh He-Hello T-Tatsuya-kun?" She mumbled

"Mayumi! Where are you?"

"I... Uhm... I am at Mari's house. I-I can't go home right now. I will be meeting you when I'm free. Okay? Good bye."

"The heck Mayumi? Are you crazy?" Mari shouted.

"Yes. I am going insane! But I cant talk to him yet. I cant even tell him about--" Mayumi shouted

After a few seconds the door leapt open. Mayumi and Mari was both startled as they saw Tatsuya standing behind it looking like he run a thousand miles. His breathing is ragged and his skin is dripping with his own sweat.