Chapter 24 : One More Chance

❤❤❤

"Okasan! Okasan!" Nozomi shouted as her mother Mayumi chase her in the shore of their privately owned vacation house which is located in a wonderful beach of Osaka.

"Nozomi. Don't run so fast or you might fall on your knees." Mayumi worriedly said as she continued to follow her.

"No I wont. Come on lets play in the ocean okasan."

Mayumi smiled as she watches her daughter who is currently playing in the water. She felt the cold breeze of the wind which kisses her skin with a faint taste of salt as it damps on her lips. Then she remembered the moment Tatsuya brought her to a beautiful vacation house in a cliff that they rented in Osaka as well.

It was one of the best memories she had with Tatsuya. A slight pain in her chest occured as she continue to remembered those memories with a smile. The wind blew slightly harder, and a drop of tear fell from her eyes. It was all happy memories with a painful ending.

"Okasan! Okasan!" Nozomi said as she grab her mother's hand who was spacing out.

"Ahre? I-I'm sorry Nozomi. Are you calling out for me?" She answered with a smile as she wipes her tears.

"Are you okay? You are crying okasan." Nozomi asked worriedly

"Uhmmm. Its nothing, don't worry my dear." She replied and wipes her tears.

"You are thinking of father, right? You have a memory of him that you remember everytime you see the ocean?"

"There are things we can never forget but we can never go back to Nozomi. So all we can do is remember it even though it is painful."

"Okasan, why don't you just go back to otosan? Grandfather said he didn't marry nor court anyone until now right? He must be still in love with you."

"I don't know. Things aren't that easy my dear. Anyways lets forget about that talk. Why don't you go ask your Aunt Mari to come with us and explore Osaka? What you think?"

"Yes! I will run to her immediately and ask her. Wait for us here okasan!" Nozomi said happily and run back to their Villa.

Mayumi was left standing with a smile as she saw her daughter run back to get Mari. Her smile immediately faded as the sight of her daughter disappeared. She tucked her hair that was being blew by the cold wind and close her eyes as her mind showered her with the thoughts and memories she had with Tatsuya.

◇◇◇

"Stay close to me my dear." Mayumi shouted cheerfully to her daughter who was running around the business district of Osaka.

The town is filled with a lot of people who are all busy buying things, foods and anything they can see from one store to another.

"Okasan! Okasan! I want this. Can we buy this?"

"What's that?"

"Ohhh. A beautiful summer hat, i bet it will look good on you Nozomi."

"I guess your aunt Mari is right. Should I buy it?"

" Yes please okasan!"

"Okay here you go. We should be eating now, its lunch. Do you want any food in particular my dear?" Mayumi asked as she place the hat softly on her daughter's head.