Honeymoon

Anna

It feels like, for the first time in a year, we were officially together. I don't know, but after we celebrated our anniversary something changed in me and I no longer had that expiration date hanging over my head and allowed myself to accept Marco into my life fully.

Thing is, since then, we had been acting like two teenagers with their first loves, stealing kisses when we could - even at work.

Rebels, we are.

At home, hay naku, I have no escape not that I want to. Marco starts kissing me and we no longer stop at chaste kisses in the cheek and nose - but we haven't done it... yet.

Ready na nga ako, but it's Marco who holds back.

"Hmm, I missed you today," he whispered, rubbing his nose against mine. Once he got home, he headed straight to my room and we had been making out for awhile now.

He leans in to kiss me again, then kissed my cheek, slowly making his way to my earlobe then down my neck.

We barely saw each other today because of separate meetings and then he had to go to an out-of-town  construction site in the afternoon.

I was getting distracted with what he was doing to that I almost forgot dinner. "Are you hungry?"

"Later na," he answered, busy with touching what he can under my shirt while untying my jogger pants.

"Marco!"

Sabi ko nga later na ang dinner.

Or Midnight snack nalang.

*

Finally, we were on our way!

The flight was uneventful, but the two of us were pissed with each other. He was annoyed with me because I was so tentative, I was mad at him for being so annoyed with me.

"Anna, why are you acting like this is your first time to fly? Why are you so skittish?" He scolded.

"Eh kasi I haven't traveled in a long flight for about a year? I'm always worried about unfamiliar stuff."

He rolled his eyes.

"Bakit ba kanina pa ang init ng ulo mo?" I finally asked when he got impatient with me during over layover in Dubai and I didn't want to go around without him.

"Para ka kasing bata. Anna, busy ako sa Brussels ha? I can't babysit you there."

"Did I ask you to? Marunong ako magbasa ng map 'no?"

The rest of the layover went over in silence and we boarded the connecting flight not speaking to each other.

Our arrival in Brussels was equally silent. Since his flat there had already been rented out in the time he was away, we booked a hotel close to his office. Upon checkin, while our room was being prepared, I asked the receptionist, "I know we only booked one room but by any chance is there another one available that I could take?"

Luckily, there was. I gloated at the shock in his face when I got off my floor.

"Sa tenth floor pa tayo," he reprimanded.

"Sa tenth ka, seventh ako. Bye."

In your face, Marco Torres.

We had a few hours to rest before we met some of his colleagues for dinner and after taking a nap, I headed out to get my favorite Belgian chocolates. Papasalubungan ko ba si Marco? Hmm wag na 'no. Bumili siya mag-isa niya.

Still, I bought more than I needed for myself. Just in case I crave for more in the coming days.

Then, I headed back to prepare for dinner. Anxiety hit me big time because this is the first time I would meet his colleagues and wanted to make a good impression. I wore my navy blue cowl-neck, pencil cut dress that flattered my body type and skin tone, put my hair up in a simple ponytail and did my makeup (that my friends cleared in a session before we left).

Marco and I agreed to meet at the lobby.

When I arrived, he wasn't there yet, so I took seat and scanned through the magazines that were available. 

"Hi, Madam. Are you alone?" 

I looked up to see a handsome man, I was unsure if he was French or Belgian, smiling at me. "No, I'm waiting for my husband."

"Ow," the man said, looking pained. "If ever you decide to leave him, please find me."

A smirking Marco appeared just then, "Hi, I'm the husband." When the man had taken his leave, Marco stared at me, "You look very nice tonight."

"Thank you."

"Anna, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be a jerk."

Looking at his remorseful face, I sighed and stepped into his embrace. "Hay nako, Partner. Pasalamat ka you're cute. Hindi ko matiis yang ka-cute-an mo."

He hugged me tighter. "Talaga? Kahit may gusto na manligaw sa yo na poging Pranses?"

I stepped back, "Ikaw yata yung may type eh. Kayo kaya mag-date?"

"Hindi naman, joke lang. Ikaw lang type ko."

"Pero ako sinusungitan."

"O, sorry na nga kasi. Lipat ka na sa room ko."

I pinched him. "Hay nako, yan lang yata gusto mo eh, kiss ng kiss ng kiss."

"Eh masarap eh. Pero siyempre miss na din kita. Hindi nga ako nakatulog this afternoon eh. Ikaw ba?"

"Nakatulog. Mahimbing."

"Anna!"

I laughed. "Eh sa totoo naman. I'm tired, bakit hindi ako makakatulog."

"Lipat ka na sa room ko. Too late na ba to cancel your booking?"

I smiled at him. "One night lang naman talaga yung kinuha ko. I was rooting for you to realize you can't live without me."

He gave me a strange smile, then joined my mirth. "But naman. Kunin na natin yung stuff mo tonight when we get back."

"No na. Tomorrow na ako lilipat para hindi sayang yung bayad ko."

"Paano ako?!"

"Puyat. Yan punishment mo. Inaway mo ako eh."

*

As it turns out, it was a good thing that we had separate rooms that night.

When we arrived at dinner, the host, Mr. John Landers, mentioned that we would be seated separately. I clung to Marco's hand but tried to show any panic on my face. Catching my gaze, Marco asked if we could be seated together instead. "I've already had to deal with one guy hitting on my wife tonight, I don't think I want to risk having her far from my side anymore."

"Such a sweet thing to say, Marco," said Mr. Landers' wife. "We'll try to see if we could rearrange people."

Minutes later, we were informed that they were able so sit us together. On one of the four long tables at the venue, we were placed toward the middle, Marco to my right, and another one of this teammates to my left. 

As we were about to sit, the person to Marco's right arrived and I turned when I heard, "Darling, I missed you."

I saw a tall, beautiful Eastern European woman with chestnut coloured hair flowing over one shoulder with a figure most women would envy, and green eyes, hugging Marco looking at him with stars in her eyes. She looked familiar but I wasn't sure where I had seen her before.

Marco, surprised at this, only said one thing. "Natalia."