Official

Marco

Did she just?

"Anong sinabi mo?" I asked, holding her by her arms, hoping to god I wasn't squeezing her too tight.

"Wala."

"Ulitin mo yung sinabi mo."

She rolled her eyes. "Sabi ko nakakairita ka."

"Tapos?"

"Tapos, uh, ano... wala na. I just mumbled something nonsensical," she denied.

"Did you just say you loved me?"

Her eyes widened, cheeks blushed, but she shook her head. "Hindi ha!"

"So you don't love me?"

"I didn't say that either!"

"So what? Stop beating around the bush, Anna."

She shrugged out of my hold and put as much distance as she can between us. "It doesn't matter anyway. You still won't sleep with me and you're still going to get an annulment!"

"Ayaw mo talagang ulitin ha," I said. I guess it was up to me to say it then. It wasn't my ideal scenario, but I would take it. "Alright. Look at it from my side. If I slept with you and then left to take the project here, I'd be a jerk. If I slept with you and then filed for annulment, ganun din. It's not good for you. Para sa akin naman, lalo naman akong mahihirapan iwan ka in that scenario."

"You know? I really, really, really hate it when you keep telling me you'll leave me."

"I don't want it! It was the original arrangement and wala ka namang sinasabi na cancelled na yun. But even if we do decide to stay together, Anna... I really want to give that project a go and that would mean being separated from you for who knows how long," I sighed. "Baka by then ikaw na din yung umayaw."

"Akala ko OA na yung drama ko, mas maarte ka pa pala."

To be honest, all this dancing around the issue has put me on edge? Did she love me too? Does that mean she's willing to stay with me long term? Okay na ako sa long distance, huwag lang siya mawala.

But what if she didn't feel the same way? Did I have enough time to make her fall for me before I left?

I was so busy with my thoughts, I almost missed it when she said, "Let's eat first."

"Now? You want to eat... now?" She gave me a look that said she was serious so I let her. I was sweating buckets. Jusko, itong babaeng ito.

I don't mean to sound conceited, but I've never been in this situation before. I've never felt like I was about to be rejected, but more importantly, I've never been worried about being rejected by someone I care this much about.

I watched as she started with her plate, then looked at me. "You're not going to eat?"

"Not hungry," I lied.

"Alright," she took a bite, chewed for what seemed like forever, swallowed, took a sip of her sparkling wine before turning to me again. "Let me get this straight, you've decided to take on the project here. Yes?"

"Yes."

"Even if it means we get separated."

"Not exactly."

"Then, what. Exactly?"

"I know and understand that you won't move here, but I was hoping we could try a long distance relationship."