¤CHAPTER THREE¤

"Alright, well I best be going." Bruce said, hugging all of his sons, "I'll be back in three days"

He thanked all of the team members and told them that his sons were most precious to him, and if the hunter did strike, to not care what happened to the house. As long as Dick, Jason, Tim, and Damian were safe. Artemis couldn't help but like Bruce, even if he was rich.

"Goodbye, make sure to behave!" Bruce told the boys.

"Bye Bruce" The oldest three chorused.

"Goodbye, Father" Said Damian.

As soon as Bruce exited the front door all four sons ran over to the nearest window. Dick picked up Damian, so that he could see out the window, and they waved to Bruce. Once his car was gone from view they left the window, going to greet the Young Justice team.

"It's so cool you're here! You guys are awesome!" Tim told the team excitedly.

"Yes, I'm sure Bruce really appreciates it." Dick said, Artemis was having trouble knowing what he was saying with his accent, she resisted the urge to say, 'can you say that in ENGLISH please!'

"Umm, why do the three of you," Miss Martian said, pointing at Dick, Jason, and Tim, "call him Bruce? Isn't he your dad?"

"He's not our dad" Jason mumbled.

"Bruce took Jason, Tim, and I in. Dami here, is his actual son." Dick told the Martian, "That's why we all have different last names; Grayson, Todd, Drake, and Wayne."

"Oh, that makes sense," Miss Martian said, and the rest of the team nodded, "May I ask why Bruce took you in? What happened to your real parents?"

As soon as the Martian asked that she regretted it. Heavy pain crossed Dick's face as he frowned, unwanted memory's coming to mind. His last night preforming, his parents falling to their deaths. Jason's face turned to rage, but his eyes were a different story. His eyes became soft as he remembered when his family was ok. Before his father left, before his mom was too into drugs. Tim's eyes began to water, he was only eight. He remembered his dad, paralyzed before eventually passing away. His mom, dying of poison. Even Damian's smile fell at the mention of parents. He loved his mom, even if she didn't love him.

"I-it's fine, you don't have to tell me" Miss Martian told them, and all the boys nodded in synchronous.

The boys walked out of the room, each needing some time alone. As they were walking out Miss Martian fell to the ground. None of Bruce's sons noticed, each lost in their own thoughts.

"M'gann!" Superboy shouted out, running to her side.

"S-so much pain... so m-much sadness" She said, rubbing her temples, "I'm ok, I just need to rest."

The mind-reader layed down on the couch, as the rest of the team huddled.

"Wow" Artemis said, looking over at Miss Martian.

"Yes, truly saddening what these children have gone through." Aqualad replied frowning.

"I'll go check on them" Miss Martian said from the couch.

"No M'gann! You need to rest." Argued Superboy.

"No really, I'm fine, just caught up in the moment." She said, walking out of the room.

"Well, I guess we should make ourselves at home." Artemis said.