¤CHAPTER FIVE¤

"You're obviously not from America" Artemis said, grabbing for another of Alfred's cookies.

"What gave it away?" Dick replied, resisting the urge to start speaking Romani.

Dick waited a few seconds until Artemis deciphered what he had said with his thick accent.

"Haha very funny, where are you from?" She asked him.

"Romania" He said bluntly, as the rest of the team looked intrigued.

"Why did you come to America?" Miss Martian asked.

"Well, my family and I are Roma. We were in a travelling circus, and America was just hungry for my amazing trapeze." He said smiling as Jason walked into the room.

"Are we talking about Dick's backstory again? That's all he talks about when people come over. Makes sense why he has no friends." Jason said, grabbing a cookie.

"That's not all I ever talk about! I'm just answering a question. And I have lots of friends!" Dick argued.

"Ya? Name three, and it is all you talk about!" Jason replied, dodging Dick's grab at him.

"Barbara..." Dick said, he couldn't say he knew the team!

"See?" Jason replied, trying to dodge Dick but failing.

Dick grabbed Jason's arm, twisting it behind his back. He pushed Jason to the ground, sitting on top of him.

"Take it back!" He yelled.

Jason shook his head, twisting his arm out of Dick's grasp. Jason had the advantage in this, he was taller, stronger, and bigger than Dick, who was 4'7", could bench press 40lbs, and only weighed 65lbs. He flipped them, pushing Dick down with his knees.

"Charity case!" Dick yelled before Jason stuck his knee in Dick's mouth.

Jason grabbed a fork from the table, where everyone was frozen, just watching the fight. Jason stabbed the fork in Dick's arm and Dick flinched noticeably.

"You take it back!" Jason yelled, taking his knee out of Dick's mouth.

"No way."

Jason stabbed the fork in Dick's arm again. Blood ran down Dick's arm and onto the floor.

"Maybe you boys should stop fighting." Miss Martian said, intervening in the fight.

Both boys looked up, they had forgotten they had company. Jason glared at the Martian, giving Dick a chance to slap him and get up. Jason's head whipped around towards Dick, his fist ready to punch him, but Miss Martian stood between them.

"Now, it's about dinner time, is everyone hungry?" Everyone cheered as Miss Martian started psychicly pulling ingredients out of the cupboards and fridge.

An hour and a half later, Miss Martian was serving out heaping plates of Spaghetti and Meatballs. The team was surprised, they were amazing. Nothing was even slightly burnt. Jason and Damian sat as far away as possible from Tim and Dick as they could, with all of them glaring daggers at eachother.

"So... Do you guys have any extra-curricular activities?" Miss Martian asked, seeing the glares from each of the boys.

All four of them almost choked on their food. Dick coughed, trying to get out a tiny piece of meatball lodged in his airway. He finally got it out after a violent cough storm.

"Well, I'm in choir" Tim said.

"I'm in Gymnastics, Competitive Math, and Swimming." Dick answered nonchalantly.

"Competitive Math' Goodness, another reason you have no friends!" Jason snickered.

Dick ignored his comment, hoping Jason would shut the hell up.