¤CHAPTER SIXTEEN¤

The green-tipped arrow flew directly at Ra's al Ghul, as he easily caught it in his left hand. Artemis had expected this, and planned for it. The arrow let out a high pitch beep, exploding into a mass of slime. Ra's yelped, getting stuck in it, as Aqualad swung his water swords at the old man.

"Ggeeeaahhh" Ra's yelled, breaking out of the slime.

He grabbed a sword from wherever he was hiding it, heading straight for Dick. Dick easily dodged it, grabbing the handle and pulling the sword from Ra's' hands. Artemis finally took it in, this was Robin. Miss Martian, Superboy, and Jason were fighting Ra's Al Ghul's minions, but Wally stood, shocked.

"Wallace Rudolph West, if you do not snap out of that trance right now I swear-" Dick called, throwing the sword to Jason and throwing three Bird-a-Rangs at the ememie.

His words had an immediate affect on Wally, as he sped over to where Dick was standing. "So, if we survive this, we're getting pizza." He grinned at the ebony, dodging an attack from Ras.

Ra's came at the speedster again, making contact this time. The redhead could have dodged it, but he was busy looking into Dick Grayson's eyes. Wally flew across the room, landing in a heap in the corner.

Ra's pulled out yet another sword, flinging it at the Atlantian. It made contact, slicing him in the chest, a deep looking red line. Aqualad fell to the floor, blood starting to ooze from his wound. Miss Martian rushed over from the other side of the room, started to check his pulse, and got his in the head with a devastating 'thunk' by Ra's. The Martian fell the the floor, inches from Aqualad.

Artemis came at the man from the left side, as Dick flipped towards him on the right, throwing what looked to be half a dozen Bird-a-Rangs. Most missed him, but two struck the killer. One in his left shoulder, and one in his calf.

Ra's stumbled, and Superboy punched him from behind. Him and Jason had just taken down Ra's minions, their bodies all over the floor. Ra's shrank to his knees, on the edge of unconsciousness, and grabbed an arrow from where it lay beside him. He stabbed the arrow into Artemis' stomach as he finally fell unconscious, blood pouring out of his wounds.

Dick, Superboy, and Jason ran to where their friends were on the floor, checking pulses and breathes. Dick had ran to Wally, relief filling him when he felt the redheads heartbeat.

"Thank goodness." The ebony sighed, placing a peck on Wally's cheek before running off to check on his other friends.

OOH BIRDFLASH -kj