Chapter 13

"Blueshadow! Nightstar's this close to telling us we have to go, come on!" Shadedrift's voice sounded close to her ear Blueshadow jumped to her paws, sunlight streamed into the den "why didn't you wake me?" She asked Shadedrift licked one paw and drew it over his ears "I just did" he meowed Blueshadow shook out her pelt and padded out oft he den into the forest it was silent and she breathed deeply a fleet of pawsteps sounded behind her and she turned to see Shadedrift stumbling into a bramble bush, sending it rattling "not a morning cat?" She asked Shadedrift steadied himself and shook out his pelt sending thorns flying in all directions "only birds are up this early" he grumbled and Blueshadow flicked her tail past his ear "cheer up! It's a beautiful morning" she purred Shadedrift glanced upwards and shook his head "but you can't see the sky" he muttered Blueshadow headed along the narrow, ivy- choked trail mouse! She turned and crept silently towards it she felt like a shadow in her own forest now! With a huge leap she landed on the mouse and finished it off quickly she padded back to join Shadedrift "good catch" he meowed Blueshadow nodded and buried her catch suddenly a squirrel shot between the two cats and they both took off after it, shoulder to shoulder. I wish it could be like this always Blueshadow thought but it may not be, on half moon Dappleflower and I may be questioning everything we've lived for.

"Mistkit! Catch!" A ball of moss flew over the ground and a small grey shape hurtled after it Mistkit leapt after it with a yowl of delight Blueshadow looked up from where she was sharing a mouse with Shadedrift "those two will be a pawful when they want to be warriors" she meowed Shadedrift nodded "do you remember when we were kits?" She asked and Shadedrift nodded "yep! Lightshine snuck into the warriors den one day, do you remember?" Blueshadow purred and nodded "yeah and no one could work out where she went and all the warriors were sent out of camp to find her" they purred together remembering when Pantherheart had finally carried the small kit into the clearing. It was only a few days until she was meant to meet her father at half moon Mistkit padded over "will you play with us Blueshadow?" She asked Blueshadow got to her paws and followed the kit she caught a whisper "we'd better watch out! Outsiders among kits? It'll be a recipe for disaster!" Blueshadow snapped her head around and looked at Dawngaze who had whispered it to Smokeflight her brother met her gaze then lowered his gaze I thought he'd stand up for me Blueshadow thought miserably she didn't feel like playing with the kits as much anymore how many other comments have been said behind my back? Did my brothers hear about them? Have they tried to stop them?

"Blueshadow! Finally!" Bracken called from the hollow he was sitting beside Dappleflower Blueshadow ran the rest of the way and settled down beside Dappleflower "I'm sorry I couldn't tell you before but we were too close to SoarClan for you to be safe if i told you about who your mother is" Blueshadow leaned forward this was it her questions were about to be answered at last "your mother is..." Bracken swallowed then whispered hoarsely "your mother is Soarstar" Dappleflower's eyes widened "no" she whispered hoarsely her eyes were filled with horror and sorrow Blueshadow moved to sit beside her "we'll work this out" she promised and Dappleflower stumbled away "no!" She yowled "I have to forget both of you! I have no kin! No mother, no father" Dappleflower's gaze was cold as she glared at her "and no sister" she growled before she turned and ran from the clearing "Dappleflower!" Blueshadow wailed her sister didn't look back "I'm sorry Blueshadow I'll try to bring her around I'll tell you if we need to meet again for now be a warrior" Bracken murmured before he turned and padded away Dappleflower, my sister wants nothing to do with me, my father is a rogue and my mother is a murderer and a leader of another clan! StarClan! Help me! Don't let me fight alone! Please!

Hi! Did you suspect who Blueshadow's mother was? I didn't think I'd reach this point so soon. Blueshadow will soon experience trying to help someone who not only doesn't want to be helped but who is also alone and scared stay tuned Blueshadow will need every scrap of strength and loyalty to survive her allies and will call for help from her greatest enemies.
-Sandstorm