Episode 16 - Food

Kieth's P.O.V.

Straightening my shirt, I walk out of the ladies room with a contented smile.

"Did anyone come by?" Tinanong ko ang guard na naka stand-by sa pintuan.

"None sir. We secured the area." He replied without missing a beat.

I nod, "Good."

Habang inaayos ko pa ang aking damit, I couldn't help but think back to the conversation I had with Myrah.

"Hindi na kita mahal."

So she says.

My eyes dim and I could feel my smile growing empty with emotions.

Oh really?

I don't believe you Myrah E. Jimenez.

No.

I refuse to.

"Umm sir." Narinig ko ang secretary ko and I was reminded na hindi pala ako mag-isa.

This guy's new. His name? Gord. He was also assigned as my personal butler right after my father's death. It didn't matter to me at that time but it looks like my father still wants to watch over my actions even in the afterlife.

"What?"

He hesitated for a while as if choosing his words carefully.

Growing impatient, I walked away from the ladies room and went straight to my new office.

I can't afford getting caught on the first day.

Marami pa akong plano.

Nang nakarating na ako sa office, I sit on the sofa and leaned to look up at the ceiling.

Once again, my thoughts wandered to what happened.

The sight of her flushed and determined face. Her slightly swollen eyes from crying made my heart clench.

I'm sorry.

But this is the only way I know that would help me get closer to you.

Sa haba ng panahon, may palaging humahadlang sa akin. Ngayon, I have all the power I need to get what I want at hindi na ako papayag na may hahadlang pa sa akin.

Hindi na.

For so long akala ko wala na akong pag-asa para sumaya.

Akala ko habangbuhay na akong makukulong sa kamay ng aking ama. Forced to live by his word alone.

But now that I have a light of hope, I will never let go.

Not without fighting for it.

Not again.

Still deep in thought, narinig ko ang boses ng secretary ko. "Sir."

Annoyed, hindi ako tumingin sa kanya and lazily sighed, "If you have something to say, get to the point."

I heard him clear his throat, "Sir, with all due respect, I think what you did was wrong. For your safety, it might be best not to do such things in the future. It would be bad for your reputation if you are caught." He speaks with respect and strictness in his tone.