Apologize

The rest of the day consisted of Grayson trying to approach Linda and Linda giving him the cold shoulder. Stella had told her to not talk to Grayson, no matter how much he tried. Linda felt bad, but her loyalty to her best friend was stronger. She was still acting cheerful though, since again she had found some explanation to the problem that soothed her. In this case, she thought Grayson never liked her in the first place, so there was no problem at all. Typical. 

"Coral, no matter how hard I try, she won't talk to me! It is frustrating!!!" Grayson said in a high pitched desperate voice.

"Well well, this was just the first day. I'll help you for tomorrow. I'll talk to Linda." she said calmly, and she felt happy to be the one in control.

As they were walking home, Coral suppressed the urge to ask her friends to go shopping, and they all went to Starbucks, like usual. "Stella, can you get us the drinks?"

"Yeah, sure." Stella said, and she  approached the counter to get them.

When she was far enough to not be able to hear them, Coral made her move. "Linda, can I tell you something?"

"Yeah, of course!"

"You know how you've been avoiding Grayson today? What Stella said, she misunderstood him."

"And you know because....?" 

Linda's cold reaction was a surprise to Coral. She took a deep breath. "I talked to him, and he explained the situation to me. The note was meant for you."

"Wait, really?"

At that moment Stella walked in. "Yeah, so he says. Coral, I cannot believe you'd fall for that. If he likes Linda so much, he should know what her bag is! Goodness."

"Well, where did you find the card? Your bag was open at lunch and behind Linda's."

"How do you even remember that?" Stella said accusingly.

"Well, remember that selfie we took? The backpacks are in the background, and I've been trying to figure this out all of lunch."

"So thats why you were staring at your phone instead of looking at, well, you know." Linda said.

"Exactly. When you closed your bag Linda, it must have slipped into Stella's."

"Nonsense." Stella said firmly. She picked up her stuff and stormed out of Starbucks.

"It is gonna take more to convince Stella..." Coral thought. She glanced at Linda. She looked shocked.

"I knew there was something wrong with the way I was acting! I have never ignored someone so harshly!!!" Linda said in shock.

"Hey it is okay. He'll understand." Coral said with triumph in her eyes. She had convinced at least one of her friends! Grayson would be happy it was Linda. She would deal with Stella later.

At home, Stella sat on her bed, pondering. Was Coral right? Was she wro- No, no way. She was rarely wron- well, you know the word. It was enormously hard for Stella to admit she was not right, let alone apologizing. When she declared something, she defended it with her whole self, and finding out she was not right was her worst nightmare. Was she not right about Grayson? Had it all been a mistake, like Coral said? Linda had believed it... She fell asleep, all the thoughts buzzing in her head.

Coral wasted no time to snap Grayson the news. "I convinced Linda!!!! She should be able to talk to you tomorrow!!! As for Stella, leave her to me. ;)" Coral was extremely satisfied with herself. Her ship was going to sail, she was sure of it.

Linda tried to think of what to say to Grayson the next day. He must've been very hurt. For Linda, forgiving was not hard, but she was afraid of not being forgiven. Probably one of her greatest fears... After some homework to clear her head, she dozed off.

When Grayson got the snap, he was overjoyed!!! "That's awesome!!!! Can't wait till tomorrow!!! :D" he snapped her back, with a picture of his excited silly face. He smiled at it.

                                                                      (Picture from google)

The next day, Grayson arrived at school early, and spotted Linda. He walked over, smiling. 

Linda looked down. "I am sorry for ignoring you yesterday..." she said apologetically. 

"Apology accepted!" he said with a smile and a thumbs up. "I'm just glad you'll talk to me now."

Linda smiled at his comment.

                                                                       (Picture from google)