Flashing Night

A week passed, and the whole freshmen flash group was ready to do their best at the Homecoming assembly.

"I can't believe it is finally time!" Coral exclaims.

"Indeed! This afternoon we'll all be performing in front of the whole school! And don't forget the Homecoming Dance this Thursday!"

Coral jumps up and down. "I can't wait!!!"

"Yeah yeah, I am just glad I don't have to embarrass myself in front of everyone. Have fun doing that"

"Oh come on Stella! Don't be such a pessimist!"

"Linda! You know that is like asking her to stop being boy crazy!"

"Coral!" Stella hisses angrily.

They all laugh, ...and sigh as the bell rings.

"See y'all later! And Stella, you are coming to the assembly, aren't you?" Coral asks.

"I kind of have to. The photography club is in charge of yearbook pictures," Stella says while rolling her eyes.

"Awesome! Catch you guys at lunch!" Linda says with a wave. 

They all walk to their respective classes. Linda sits down next to Thyme.

"Are you going to the assembly tonight?" Thyme asks. 

"Yep!" Linda answers excitedly. "I am part of Flash."

"Wow no way! I knew I should've joined. Oh well, that's for next year then."

"You would've been great! I know it!"

"Maybe. I used to do gymnastics, so I don't think I'd be terrible. I was just not sure who else was joining. I only heard some popular people joined... So I decided to stay out of it."

"Next time just do it. You might make new friends!" 

"Yeah, I see that now."

Grayson walks up, having overheard part of the conversation.

"So you are doing Flash, Linda?" 

"Indeed!" Linda answers with a smile. "And we'll do our best to win tonight."

"Sorry to disappoint, but usually the order is hard to change. Seniors always win, with every class falling in line after them respectively. The odds say your class will be last."

"Thanks Jim, very optimistic." Grayson says, crossing his arms. "I believe in our class, and as long as we try, we have a shot."

"That's the spirit!" Linda says with a smile. "We'll have fun, and that's for sure."

Jim rolls his eyes. The system was pre-made. No way they'd win.

After a pretty exciting day, lunch break finally arrived.  

"Finally!!! I can't stand not being together all day until lunch!" Coral says, in a rather excited and confusing tone.

"You sound happy though..." Stella points out. "Anything happen?"

"Ugh, am I that easy to read?" Coral says in dismay.

"No, we just know you very well. We're your best friends!" Linda says, saving Coral's mood.

"Well...." Coral says timidly, "I think I might have a boyfriend soon..."

"WHAAAAT?!?!" Stella and Linda exclaim simultaneously.

"I mean... It's not for sure yet, but... This guy asked to meet me after flash to talk about something important..."

"What guy..?" Stella asks with a grin.