Shy

The lunch bell rang. "Where is Stella?"

"She said the bathroom... But lunch is over!"

"I am going to go look."

"I'll come with you." Coral said.

Both friends start walking towards the cafeteria bathroom. At the door they see someone quickly pretend to be walking by. They ignore it, they have more important matters to attend. They barge into the bathroom.

"Stella? You in here?!" Coral shouts.

Stella quickly wipes her tears. "Coming!" After her tears are barely visible, she walks out of the stall. "Sorry guys, bad bellyache." she giggles nervously.

"You sure you are okay?" Linda asks, noticing the vague tears on her face.

"Yeah, I am sure." she says.

"Alright." Coral nods. "Let's walk to class."

"Stella..." someone mutters. "So that's her name..."

They walk towards their class.

Coral notices someone walking behind them. *Huh? The same guy from by the bathroom... Could it be...*

"Coral? Coral?!" Stella says. "Did you finish the homework for french today?"

"Uh... Oopsie!" Coral says playfully.

"You can copy mine..." Stella sighs.

"Thanks! You're a lifesaver!!!" Coral exclaims.

They walk into the classroom, sitting down at their seats. As Coral starts to meticulously copy Stella's work, she notices the same guy that was behind them in the hallway.

*Oh.. right... He is in our class!*

"Miss Coral? I am afraid that copying is against class policy. That's a zero for you dear." Mr. Francois says strictly, picking up her paper and both Linda and Stella's as well.

"Oh come on!" Coral said... *I could have finished if I hadn't been distracted...*

"That's what you get! Start doing your homework from now on slacker!" Stella says teasingly.

Coral smiles. "You know that won't happen, right?"

"Yeah yeah, but at least try!"

Linda was sketching in her sketchbook quietly.

"Alright, I am sure many of your classes are giving out your first quarter projects this week, and my class is no exception. You will have three weeks, so basically till the end of the quarter, to work on this assignment. You will do it in pairs."

*Darn it...* Linda, Coral and Stella thought simultaneously, looking at each other.

"Find your pairs, and then I'll explain the project."

The class became a sudden chaos, everyone looking around for pairs, not wanting to be left out.

"What are we gonna do? Who will go with someone else?"

"Let's leave it up to luck." Linda proposes.

"Alright." They agree.

Linda quickly makes three little cards, two saying "Friend", and one "Other Person". She neatly folds them up and puts them in her emptied-out pencil case. All three of them draw, and stare at each other intently...

"I got the "Other Person" card..." Stella says disappointed.

"Awww no! Well, who will you go with?" Coral asks curiously.