5. Murder Mystery Solved

Accardo Leondrí's POV

I hear Anna's voice scream and I yank her toward me even more, slamming the door shut behind me.

I quickly spin around to analyse the situation and see that Anna is pressing her, now, blood-stained, hands over her hip. I can see the red liquid leaking out of her side none-stop and it lights a fire of anger in me, but now isn't the time for craving revenge, we need to run. Without saying a word, I lift Anna up, bridal style, and run upstairs.

"SIR!" A masculine voice shouts and I look back to see Tony and Andrew following behind me – Andrew continuing to shoot, whom I recognise to be, Michaelo's men.

I don't say a word, focusing on getting Anna out of harm's way as soon as possible. I look down at her face and she's merely glaring at the bloodbath between Andrew and Michaelo's men. Her eyes move up to look at me and I see her face getting paler by the second.

"Anna, don't you dare close your eyes on me." I demand, worriedly.

She keeps her mouth shut and gives me a sorrowful look before her eyelids begin to twitch as she forces them open.

"Anna!" I warn, sternly, but my voice is full of care, not threat.

I run inside my room and lay her down on my bed, carefully. Tony and Takun, my personal doctor, come running in behind me.

"Don't let her die!" I scream at Takun.

"Of course, Sir." He nods and instantly begins working on Anna's injury.

"What the fuck was that?!" I exclaim at Tony.

"Sir, Michaelo Londra and Jonathan Parterson are rivals." Tony tells me.

"I gathered that much, you moron! Why are they shooting in my fucking building?!" I scream, and Tony flinches.

"Andrew, Liam and Todd are sorting it as quickly as possible, sir." Tony responds, and I nod in response.

"Accardo..." A fragile, broken voice calls and I spin to see Anna looking at me.

That's the first time she's ever called me by my first name...

"Anna." I simply respond and walk over to the bed where Takun is cleaning her up.

"It's not Mr Carter's fault..." She mumbles, struggling through her ragged breaths.

I look back at Tony and see his heartbroken expression at her words. I can see his opinion of the girl changing in his eyes.

"What... Was that...?" She simply questions back at me.

I don't blame her for not asking me a more specific question; given the situation, I'd be just as confused.

"I'll explain everything when you're fully recovered, okay?" I tell her, and she nods.

"Accardo..." She whimpers.

"Yes, Anna?" I question.

"If I die... Thank you for buying the building... and taking me out for lunch..." She says and I widen my eyes.

"Anna. You're not dying. Don't be ridiculous." I state, hiding my fear.

She doesn't respond to my comment but gives me a mere smile, one that fails to show any signs of happiness or content as more tears stream down her rosy cheeks. I close my eyes and take a deep breath to calm myself down.

"How is she doing?" I ask Takun.

"I need to stitch up the wound but putting her on anaesthetic, when she's in such a critical state, could be dangerous, sir." My doctor explains, and I look back at Anna.