26. I Need You To Trust Me

Anna Kieant's POV

"And this is where you'll be working!" I exclaim, glowing, as I show the medical office off to Joshua.

"Man, this is a big improvement from the last one." He laughs, admiring the office.

"I'd hope so. I decorated it." I chuckle.

"You did a good job, Miss Kieant." He tells me. "Or should I say, soon-to-be Mrs Leondrí."

I squeal.

"Don't go saying that! I've only known the man like 4 months!" I tell the medical specialist.

"Yeah, and you've gone through a whole lifetime's worth of events together!" He tells me, making me giggle.

"I guess so."

"Anna." A voice calls, interrupting, I look over and see Tony stood by the door.

"Yeah?"

"Accardo wants you." He tells me, making Joshua chuckle.

"Go on, Mrs Leondrí." He jokes, making me playfully slap his arm.

"Shut up!"

#

"What does he want?" I ask Tony as we walk up to Accardo's office.

"I don't know if I'm being quite honest, but he's been quite frustrated this morning, so I could take a guess." He tells me, slyly, raising an eyebrow at me with a smirk on his face.

"My god..."

Tony laughs as he knocks on the door and enters.

"I have Miss Kieant, sir."

"Good, now get outta here." Accardo instantly responds, making Tony laugh again.

"Good luck." He whispers to me, shutting the door on his way out.

"Yes, Mr Leondrí?" I ask, innocently.

He groans.

"Shut up and come here."

"You seem a bit tense." I analyse, standing behind me and lightly massaging his shoulders.

"Just a tad."

"Mm, I think we need to settle that." I whisper, placing an innocent kiss on his ear.

"Yes. I think we do." He mumbles, spinning around on his office chair and pulling me into his lap

I giggle as I make myself comfortable in his lap until a knocking interrupts, making Accardo growl.

"What?!" He shouts, prompting the door to open.

"Apologies for interrupting, sir, but the house is surrounded in armed men." Todd casually comments, making him raise an eyebrow before looking back at my traumatised expression.

"You up for a bit more action?" Accardo questions me, smirking.

"As long as I've got you keeping me safe, I'm up for anything."

"I'll keep you safe for the best of your life. Now, trust me." He assures, standing up with me in his arms. 

"What if I don't want to?" I answer back, teasingly whilst he strides over to the door. 

"It's not about what you want right now, my love. I just need you to do something for me." The man mutters. 

"Oh yeah? And what's that, Mr Mafia Boss?" My quiet voice queries. 

"I need you to trust me."