20. A Doctor's Visit

Markus Kieant's POV

"It's been over a month. Why is she still around?!" I bellow at my undercover assistant.

"Not long left now, sir. She's slowly weakening." They tell me in response and I sigh.

"Good. I want them all to suffer." I seethe.

Accardo Leondrí's POV

"What do you think, Sir?" My decorator, Tamaki, asks, as I look around the casino in my newest building.

"It's exquisite. I love it." I admit, and he nods.

I've done nothing but work for the past month and it's finally paid off. I haven't had any signs of Markus Kieant, or Peter Poquintô, or Gregory Vanhouse-Kieant, for all this time, so I can only hope that something is going right for me.

** FLASHBACK **

Accardo Leondrí's POV

"Please, right this way, Mr Leondrí." Peter's maid prompts.

Tony and I follow her down the dull hallways of Peter Poquintô's residence. She approaches some large, office doors and knocks, 3 times.

"Sir, Mr Leondrí and Mr Carter are here to speak with you." She calls and there's a muffled response.

"Come in."

The young woman opens the door and that's when I suddenly spot a large, purple mark on the neck – barely visible through her turtle-neck top. I look at Tony who also acknowledges it and I keep a mental note.

"Mr Poquintô, a pleasure." I greet as soon as I see the man.

He looks up from the work on his desk and I can instantly see the fear amongst his irises.

"Likewise, Mr Leondrí." He responds, and I smirk.

"Who is this lovely lady, might I ask, Mr Poquintô?" I question, and I see his eyes widen slightly.

Just as I suspected.

"Why, she's my head maid, Sir." He hesitantly answers, and I can't help but let out a breath of a laugh, followed by Tony doing the same.

"Might I ask, Mr Poquintô, how is it that you can afford to keep her here and under the pay bracket that she deserves when your finances are currently in very poor condition?" Tony asks, with his dead serious tone that even scares me.

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Peter suddenly exclaims in response, causing Tony to raise his eyebrows.

"Did you know that rape is illegal, Mr Poquintô?" My right-hand man follows up, sustaining his monotone voice.

I notice the maid herself cover her agape mouth with her small hands.

"WHAT DID YOU TELL THEM?!" Peter suddenly screams at the girl and she cowers back.

I turn and walk toward the girl, pulling her into my side. She gasps but doesn't resist.

"She didn't say a single word, Poquintô. You left obvious clues. As you do with every illegal thing you do." I bitterly state and he narrow his eyes at me.

"If you want the girl, Leondrí, then just take her – she's no use to me." Peter spits and Tony instantly pulls out his gun, pointing it at the man.

Peter jolts upright from his seat and his eyes widen beyond belief.

"You son of a bitch. You've been torturing this woman for months on end and you dare say that she's no use to you?! She has fucking feelings too, Poquintô and you do not have a single right to kill them like that." Tony spits, absolutely furious, and I can't help but smile.