8. Engaged To The Enemy

Accardo Leondrí's POV

"For fucks sake." I mutter to myself, standing up from my leaning position, pulling Anna up with me.

She stumbles a little as she re-orientates herself, but she's soon sturdy and takes a seat on my couch.

"Yes?" I call toward my door and it opens to reveal Tony. "You don't half drive me mad, Carter." I greet, and he smirks as if he knew exactly what was happening in this room, seconds before he entered.

"Of course I do, Accardo." He responds, happily, but then his face turns deadly serious as he hands me a file. "You will want to read this." He states, tentatively.

"What is this, Tony?" I question, concerned at his expression.

"You're better off reading it yourself, Accardo, sir." Tony responds.

I look down at the file in my hands and then back up at my best friend, and right-hand man.

"Sit." I order him, and he nods, understandingly.

I take a seat at my desk chair whilst Tony takes a seat in one of the chairs opposite me, on the opposing side of the desk. I lay the file down on the sturdy, oak table and stare down at it before raising my gaze to look at Tony, who is also looking at the file.

"What is this?" I repeat my earlier question, but he merely shakes his head, not lifting his eyes once.

I sigh and straight up rip open the file. Tony ducks his head down, and clenches his eyes shut, as if he doesn't want to be reminded of what is in the folder or see my reaction. I pull out multiple sheets of paper and see the first page as Michaelo Londra's profile, and that's when I know that whatever is behind this sheet of paper, is serious.

I look up at Tony and see his eyes still staring down at the desk. I check out the next page and my eyes widen, slamming the papers down onto the desk before I continue reading anymore.

"What the fuck am I about to read, Carter?!" I spit out, furiously.

Tony Carter's POV

"What is this?" Accardo repeats his initial question but I shake my head in response.

Those files are something Accardo needs to read for himself, it is not something I can tell him. I'm not ready for that level of responsibility. Accardo sighs at my lack of response and continues to open up the envelope of documents. I instantly shut my eyes for a moment, but I can instantly see his body tense at the first sheet of paper, which I know to be Michaelo Londra's profile. I briefly see him glance up at me as if for more questions as to what he's about to find out, but I daren't look up. I'm not usually one to fear Accardo, but hell, I'm not ready for this. I clench my eyes shut once more as he turns to look at the second sheet of paper, to which I'm startled by a slamming of his hands on the table. I flick my head up and see his fury filled eyes. I gulp and look down at the sheet of paper he had just read to confirm it's what I think it is. And I'm correct. The profile laying alongside Michaelo Londra's is none other than Annastaćia Kieant.

"What the fuck am I about read, Carter?!" Accardo fires at me, enraged.

Accardo Leondrí's POV

"Please, sir..." Tony awkwardly responds, looking up at me in fear.

I turn my head to look over at Anna, whom I forgot was sitting on the couch at the side. She's watching myself and Tony intently. Scared. I look back at Tony and pick up the third sheet of paper, that contains none other than the profile of Markus Kieant. I continue to get more and more annoyed as I turn over a forth sheet and see a lady named Emily Vanhouse. I skip past the profiles of the 2 people and skip to the last sheet within the file, containing all information I need to know.