17. A Gardener's Beaten Sister

Anna Kieant's POV

"Are you alright, Miss Anna?" A carefree voice asks me, snapping me out of my trance.

I look up and see Addam, another one of Accardo's butler's, kneeling in front of me, eyeing me with care.

"I'm fine." I whisper.

"Miss, I understand that being by Accardo's side can be very overwhelming, but I can assure you that he really appreciates it. Mr Leondrí truly cares about you, Miss Kieant; I hope you know that." Addam tells me and I look at him, bewildered.

"He means a lot to me too." I mewl, and he smiles.

"Make sure he knows it, Miss Kieant. That man can be so reckless sometimes thinking he has nothing to live for, but he doesn't seem to realise how much the people around him need him." Addam explains and I can't help but grin.

"I will." I reply, quietly, and he keeps his reassuring smile.

"Would you like some lunch, Miss Anna?" He then asks, and I nod.

"That'd be nice, thank you." I mumble, and he holds his hand out for me to take, which I do, gratefully.

He leads me down to the dining room and pulls out a chair for me.

"I'll put together something for you, Miss, as Scarlett is off today." Addam informs me and I nod.

"Thank you, Addam." I whisper, quieter than I had expected.

He simply smiles before heading toward the kitchen.

Accardo Leondrí's POV

"Is this it?" I question as Tony pulls up the car outside a run-down building.

"Yes, Sir." Tony responds, turning off the engine.

I observe my surroundings for a minute to get an idea of what I might be dealing with.

"What the fuck is this woman even doing." I question, not specifically to anyone.

"That's unknown, sir. We're still trying to work out how she knows of Luke's whereabouts and why she wants so much information on you." Tony explains.

I sigh before opening my car door, slamming it shut again; Tony copying. I walk on over to the front door and try the handle straight, finding it to be unlocked. I look back at Tony, raising an eyebrow, to which he gives me a precautious look. I push the door open and head on inside, listening out for anything that might be remotely suspicious.

"Sir." I hear Tony whisper and look back at him.

He gestures with his hands, that are holding his gun, readily, toward a door that has a dim light seaming out from underneath. I nod at him to continue toward the large, wooden frame blocking our path.

"You're going to be a good girl, aren't you, sweetheart?" I hear a croaky voice suggest from the other side of the door.

I glance over at Tony but notice his concentration is solely on the conversation happening on the other side of the door.

"Mum, please... you can do what you want to me, just please don't involve Luke..." A second, feeble voice whimpers, crying and desperation evident in her voice.

"We've gone through this, Mei-Rin, your brother is simply assisting me." The croaky woman, whom I recognise to be Lizbeth Parker, responds.

"Please...!" Mei cries and I hear sudden movement.