16. Attempted Seduction

Anna Kieant's POV

"Anna!" I hear a voice call out from behind me.

I turn around from my intense gazing of the lake, in the centre of the garden, to see Luke jogging toward me.

"Luke, hey." I greet, smiling, but his face instantly frowns as he notices my effortless smile.

"Are you alright?" He asks, slowing down as he approaches me.

"Yeah, don't worry. Thank you so much for going to get Accardo the other day, I'm so sorry that you got hurt because of it though." I tell the young man in front of me and he gives me a gentle, reassuring smile

"Please, Anna, there's no need to thank me." He assures me, and I nod.

"Do you look after the fishes in this pond, Luke?" I question as I take a seat on the white-painted, metal bench at the side.

"Yeah." He answers, sitting beside me.

We sit in a comfortable silence for a while, admiring the huge gardens of Accardo's home.

"Tell me about yourself, Annastaćia." Luke breaks the silence.

"There's nothing much to know." I respond, dully.

"I'm certain there is." He assures me.

"I told you all there is to know. My father murdered my mother, he was having an affair, they had a child together, he went against my father, apparently teamed up with his mother, behind my father's back, that son turned out to be Michaelo Londra, falsely." I begin to rant out.

"I'm sorry." Luke mumbles.

"Don't be." I mutter.

We fall into silence once more, but this is a lot more awkward.

"I think you're beautiful, Anna." Luke suddenly confesses, and I blush, awkwardly averting my gaze as the only person on my mind is Accardo.

"Thank you..." I respond.

"What's your relationship with Mr Leondrí, Annastaćia?" He asks, seriously.

I freeze up at that point, not knowing what to do or say. I don't know what my relationship with Accardo is. He wants to have sex with me, and the feeling is mutual, but does even mean anything? Does he protect and fuck every girl he meets?

"Have you had sex with him, Annastaćia?" Luke follows up, voice deadly serious, and I tense even more.

I glance over at the young man out of the corner of my eye and see him reaching over to rest his hand on my thigh, instantly making me uncomfortable.

"Lay another finger on her, Luke." A sudden voice warns and Luke and I both spin our heads around to see Tony stood there, watching Luke cautiously.

Luke is a lovely person, but right now, I couldn't be more thankful that Tony turned up. I give him a thankful look, which he acknowledges, subtly.

"Mr Carter, sir." Luke greets, worry lacing his voice.

"There was a rule that Accardo made the second Annastaćia first entered this building, and I know for a fact that he told every. Single. One. Of his employees; do you remember what that rule was, Luke?" Tony asks, seriously.

"... He said specifically not to ask Anna, the girl of whom will be staying with us, any questions regarding her personal life." Luke replies, looking down.

"And tell me, what exactly have you done since you first met Miss Kieant, Luke?" Tony then asks.

"Tony, it's fine, really..." I stiffly interrupt.