The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 1

3rd Person P.O.V.

"Sasuke and Satomi, how beautiful," Mikoto regards, smiling faintly at the two small bundles in her arms. The two, Sasuke and Satomi, stare up at their mother in awe, matching onyx eyes glistening in the light pouring in through the window. By her side sit Fugaku and Itachi, gazing at the scene in wonder.

"I'm sure Sasuke here will grow up to be just as strong as his big brother, ne, Itachi?" Mikoto remarks. Itachi graces a small smile, raising his hand up to his little brother hesitantly. Sasuke stares at the hand in apprehension, before reaching out a hand of his own to grab ahold of the much larger one before him. He giggles in childish glee, earning a few chuckles from Mikoto and Fugaku.

"It's a shame that the other one is a girl, though. I was hoping we would have an even stronger lineage," Fugaku grumbles, peering at the other newborn with slight disdain. Mikoto frowns at her husband before craning her neck at Satomi.

"I think she's lovely. I'm sure she'll grow up to be strong like her brothers, won't you, Satomi?" Mikoto coos. Satomi doesn't react to the statement, merely staring at her mother with indifferent eyes. Mikoto sighs lightly, before handing off Sasuke and Satomi to Itachi and Fugaku, respectively.

"Not to be rude, but I think I need a bit of sleep. I'm pretty tired," Mikoto says, shifting onto her side with a yawn. Fugaku smiles softly at his wife, then glances at Satomi.

"Whatever you need, darling. Itachi and I will take these two home and I'll come pick you up later," Fugaku states, walking out of the room with his newborn daughter in his arms. Itachi follows suit, careful to not disturb Sasuke who was asleep in his arms.

"See you later, Okaa-san," Itachi chirps, a large smile plastered on his face as he gazes at his little brother. Once alone, Mikoto sighs to herself and allows her eyes to close, a tender smile quirking her lips.

::

"Itachi, watch Sasuke and Satomi while we are out," Fugaku states, leaving the house with Mikoto for an errand. Once the door closes, Itachi puts down the book he was reading and pads through the halls towards the bedroom shared by Sasuke and Satomi. The two year olds are asleep in their beds, each exuding soft breaths in their sleep every few seconds.

"Sasuke, Satomi, it's time to get up," Itachi wakes gently. The former groggily groans and sits up, letting out a large yawn. Satomi slowly opens her eyes and sits up, rubbing at them tiredly. The two look towards Itachi, who was standing in the doorway.

"Good morning, onii-chan!" Sasuke exclaims, getting out of bed and rushing towards Itachi for a hug. Satomi follows suit, smiling up at Itachi gleefully. Itachi pats their heads and stands up straight, beginning his trek towards the kitchen.

"Would you two like to help me with breakfast?" Itachi asks, glancing back at his younger siblings who had begun to follow him through the house. Sasuke jumps up and down in excitement, while Satomi nods vigorously.

"I want natto!" Satomi proclaims vehemently, waving her hand in the air excitedly.

"I want miso soup, onii-chan!" Sasuke shouts afterwards, tugging on Itachi's sleeve with a grin. Itachi smiles down at him, guiding the two children to the kitchen and getting out the ingredients.

"Sasuke, can you put some water in this pot? And Satomi, can you put these ingredients into a bowl?" Itachi instructs lightly, giving the two their needed materials. Sasuke and Satomi get straight to work on their tasks, letting Itachi handle everything with knives and heat. After cooking everything, the three siblings sit down at the table to eat.

"Onii-chan! Can we go out to the park to play today?" Sasuke asks with a mouthful of food. Itachi nods his head and takes a small bite of the homemade breakfast.