The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 12

Satomi P.O.V.

"What's all of this talk about the sharingan?! What even is it?" Naruto asks impatiently, gazing in awe at Kakashi-sensei. I don't speak, leaving Sasuke to answer his question.

"The sharingan is a rare dojutsu that can comprehend any ninjutsu, genjutsu, or taijutsu and reverse the power back onto the user. But there is more to the sharingan than just that... Much more."

Zabuza grins under the bandages wrapped around his face, a malicious intent clear in his eyes.

"The kid's got it right. Now then... Shall we begin?" Within seconds, Zabuza had relocated to on top of the lake in front of us, his hands moving swiftly through various hand signs.

"Ninja Art: Hidden Mist Jutsu!" Zabuza hisses, as a thick layer of mist seeps into the battlefield, rendering my team I and unable to see. The fog continues to thicken, practically suffocating us with bloodlust.

"Eight points... Larynx, spine, lungs, liver, jugular, subclavian artery, kidneys, heart... Now, which will I kill you with?" Zabuza taunts, his voice resonating in multiple directions, leaving us unable to pinpoint his exact location. I swallow the lump forming in my throat, clearing my head. I needed to calm down. Sasuke was having the same troubles as I was, although he wasn't dealing with it as well. My eyes widen when he turns his kunai around, aimed for his heart.

"Sasuke, calm down. Everything is fine, it's the five of us against him, and with Kakashi-sensei on our side he won't be able to beat us," I reassure quietly, keeping my eyes peeled for any movement within the mist.

"Don't worry, Sasuke," Kakashi-sensei says, "I won't let my comrades die." Sasuke sighs a breath of relief and focuses once again on protecting Tazuna.

"Too late," I gasp and jump away as Zabuza appears right behind me, located in the space right next to the bridge builder. Thinking fast, I throw a couple of shuriken with wires attached to them around his sword, pulling tight in order to prevent his sword from getting any closer to Tazuna.

Zabuza 'tsks' in annoyance, whipping around his blade which brings me with it. I inhale a sharp breath in surprise as he tosses me around like a ragdoll, before untangling the wires and sending me rolling across the ground. My distraction gave Kakashi-sensei time to get behind Zabuza, a kunai glinting at the enemies' neck.

"It's over," Kakashi-sensei states with finality, a dangerous look in his eyes. My breath hitches as Zabuza smirks, a shadow behind Kakashi-sensei.

"Watch out!" Sakura screams in hopes of alerting our sensei, but to no avail as Zabuza swipes cleanly through Kakashi-sensei. Although, blood is not splattered, surprisingly enough. Instead, water is tossed about and the real Kakashi-sensei comes out of hiding as soon as Zabuza let his guard down.

"Hm, well played, Kakashi. When you made that speech to your students you were able to create that clone without me noticing. But, no matter. You will lose this fight," Zabuza declares as Kakashi-sensei delves his blade into his chest. Although, as expected, the clone disappears into water and the real Zabuza manages to sneak up behind Kakashi-sensei. He swings his sword in an arc towards our sensei, but he manages to duck just in time.

When Zabuza's sword connects with the ground, he uses the momentum to swing himself around, kicking Kakashi-sensei backward with a power I couldn't have even imagine existed. Zabuza charges after Kakashi-sensei hastily, but stops before he makes it very far, which confuses me. Why did he stop?

"Well played, Kakashi. I see that you're trying to slow me down," he states, catapulting over a crop of land. Taking a closer look, I manage to see that Kakashi-sensei had thrown out barely noticeable tacks on the ground. The mist had begun to clear up a bit, revealing that Kakashi-sensei was nowhere to be found. Zabuza, however, had managed to find him almost immediately.