The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 5

3rd Person P.O.V.

"Alright everyone, time to review the Five Great Nations!" Iruka-sensei exclaims. Half of the class groans, while the other half seems to have no reaction. Satomi sits next to her twin brother, an unusual frown adorning her face.

"Ne, Sasuke-kun, after school do you want to go get some lunch or something? I really need to get out of the house, it's so tense there," Satomi whispers to her brother. Sasuke tilts his head, presumably thinking about his plans tonight, or rather lack thereof.

"Sure, Satomi-chan! Do you wanna go to Yakiniku Q? It's fairly close," Sasuke suggests, being careful to be quiet while Iruka-sensei was teaching. Satomi nods her head silently, mind wandering aimlessly as the class reviews each of the Five Great Nations and their advantages, as well as disadvantages.

Class drags on, a break being called soon after their review finished up. Sasuke and Satomi walk side by side towards the exit. Many unfamiliar students pass by them, bustling with their friends. Sasuke hadn't really warmed up to anyone in particular, while Satomi was dying to talk to someone other than her brother.

"Sasuke-kun, you need some friends," Satomi suggests out of the blue. Sasuke crosses his arms defiantly, pouting at his sister.

"I already have you, Satomi-chan!" Sasuke declares, a smile on his face. Satomi sighs to herself, shaking her head dutifully. It was useless.

"Well, I still want to make some friends in our class. We are all gonna be teammates someday, after all," Satomi muses, sitting down at the picnic table. Sasuke sits across from her, gazing at all of the other students hanging out with their friends.

"How about you go talk to Naruto over there, Sasuke-kun. I'll come with you if you want," Satomi offers, nudging her brother over the table. Sasuke pouts but gets up, grabbing Satomi's arm as he marches over to where Naruto was sitting alone.

"U-Um... Naruto... d-do you wanna... uh... hang out?" Sasuke says stiffly, a fake smile plastered across his face. He looked so insincere it was painful. Naruto looks up at the twins in front of him, a confused scowl apparent.

"Eh? You're talking to me?" Naruto asks, scratching his head. Sasuke scoffs and glares at him.

"Of course I'm talking to you! Who else is named Naruto in our class, dobe," Sasuke retorts, crossing his arms across his chest. Satomi gapes at her brother, punching his arm.

"That is no way to talk to somebody! You're the dobe here, you dobe," Satomi insults her brother, frowning at his poor first impression. Sasuke punches her arm back, albeit not as hard, and turns away from her childishly.

"Fine! If I'm a dobe, I'll just go back to where I was sitting before, alone," Sasuke responds, stomping off to the picnic table. Satomi sighs and faces Naruto, who was glaring at her brother from the swing.

"Sorry about him, he's kind of a jerk sometimes. He's really nice when you get to know him, though!" Satomi apologizes, bowing down in front of Naruto. Naruto watches the girl, perplexed, before scratching the back of his head nonchalantly.

"It's not a big deal. I'm Naruto, dattebayo!" Naruto grins, pumping a fist in the air. Satomi smiles back, closing her eyes and tilting her head to the side.

"I'm Satomi Uchiha! Nice to meet you!" Satomi chirps, holding out her hand for a handshake. Naruto glances at her hand, then her face, then back to her hand before hesitantly placing his own in it.

"Uchiha? So your brother is Sasuke?" Naruto asks, glaring at Sasuke who was staring at him from across the clearing. Sasuke glares back defiantly, just as an Uchiha would.