The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 29

Satomi P.O.V.

"Do it again, Satomi."

"Magen: Kasegui no Jutsu!" I cry out, casting a powerful genjutsu on Ryouichi-sensei. This genjutsu can only be used with a sharingan, so only Itachi, Sasuke, and I could ever perform it.

The victim is pulled into an illusionary world and has stakes driven through them over and over again... it was basically torture.

So Ryouichi-sensei made me cast it on him multiple times, for the sake of 'training'.

Seeing Ryouichi-sensei's blank look, I cut the genjutsu, causing him to gasp for air immediately after.

"Nice job, Satomi. I think you got the hang of it," Ryouichi-sensei compliments, standing up as if nothing had happened to him. You'd think he'd be at least a little affected by my genjutsu...

"Now that you mastered this genjutsu... we can move on to other things. What is a genjutsu user's greatest weakness?" Ryouichi-sensei asks. I tilt my head at his question, knowing the simple answer easily.

"Taijutsu."

"Correct. Let's say you're in a battle and you use your genjutsu, but the enemy figures it out. They will assume that you're weak in close combat, and immediately attack that way. So, we will be improving your taijutsu to make sure you are able to defend yourself in case your opponent is able to get out of the genjutsu," he explains.

The finals were in a week, so Ryouichi-sensei was beginning to finish up the training. The first week was all work on my general physical strength, as well as my body flicker. He made me improve my natural speed so that I could utilize my body flicker technique to the fullest extent.

Even so, I needed a lot more training to be on par with Shisui-sensei.

The week after that we had worked on my fireball jutsu, and Ryouichi-sensei introduced me to a wind technique called Futon: Reppusho and a lightning technique called Raiton: Raiju Tsuiga, although my natural ninjutsu calling was for fire.

This week had been working on my genjutsu for hours on end. Ryouichi-sensei taught me how to manipulate my regular sharingan genjutsu to be effective for whatever purpose I needed, whether it be an offensive strategy, information gathering, and so on.

He also taught me some advanced genjutsu I could cast without my sharingan, like the Konoha-Ryu Yanagi.

All in all, my training was progressing very quickly.

"Let's begin with some basic taijutsu," Ryouichi-sensei instructs, motioning for me to attack him. I oblige, running forwards, and thus our battle began.

::

"Do you see the mistakes you're making, Satomi?" Ryouichi-sensei asks from above me. I was panting on the ground, beaten and bruised everywhere. I nod, gulping in large breaths, and staring at the setting sun.

Ryouichi-sensei, much to my surprise, sits next to me and watches the sun set with me.

"You've done remarkably so far," he says softly, "I'm very impressed. With the coming of the chunin exams, I expect you to win. You have improved much more than I expected at the beginning of this."

A small smile quirks my lips up, my eyes glancing over at Ryouichi-sensei happily. He was looking at me with a proud smile, his usually cold eyes softened with affection.

"Thank you, sensei. I'm trying my hardest... I need the power to protect my friends and family so that nothing like the attack Orochimaru imposed on us ever happens again," I state confidently. Ryouichi-sensei chuckles at my statement, tilting his head back at the sky.