The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 35

Satomi P.O.V.

"Jiraiya, please have some manners," Ryouichi-sensei sighs, scolding Jiraiya, who was eyeing up a few ladies who were passing by. Ryouichi-sensei, Jiraiya, Naruto, and I had left Konoha earlier today and had just made it to an outpost town.

"B-But Ryouichi! Look at all of these beautiful ladies! They're perfect for my research!" Jiraiya responds, drooling as a lady comes up to him and whispers in his ear. He waves us away, following after the lady without a care in the world.

The three of us sigh at his antics, not surprised by his vulnerability to women. Especially Ryouichi-sensei...

"Satomi, Naruto, go check into our hotel. I'm going to go keep an eye on Jiraiya and ask around for information. You can meditate in the bedroom until we get back," Ryouichi-sensei dismisses, following after Jiraiya and the woman casually.

"Man, I can't believe Pervy Sage! He said he was going to teach me a new jutsu!" Naruto complains to me as we enter the hotel and check into our room. I just agree with him senselessly, in order to make him happy.

What's the use in arguing.

Placing down my bag next to one of the two beds, I sit down and close my eyes, placing my hands in a hand sign for meditation. Naruto continues to grumble, producing a few shadow clones to help him concentrate, although I just drown him out.

We were only a little into our meditation before someone knocks on the door.

"I'll get it, Naruto-kun. You keep meditating," I say, getting up from my position on the bed. Naruto mutters something under his breath, the scowl still on his face. I sigh, lightly padding over to the door and twisting the knob.

"Hello, how may I..." I start, the words quickly fading from my mouth as I look into a pair of familiar crimson eyes. My own eyes widen in horror, quickly recognizing the man in front of me. All of the breath leaves my lungs, leaving me standing there with the door cracked open, my older brother standing in front of me.

"Who is it, Satomi-chan?" Naruto calls from inside the room. His voice snaps me out of my daze, causing sense to flow back into me. I slam the door in Itachi's face, locking it in every way possible. The slam breaks Naruto's concentration, and upon seeing my panicked face he turns serious.

"What's wrong, Satomi-chan?" he asks lowly, climbing off of the bed. I dash over to the other side of the room, attempting to pry the window open. 

"We need to get out of here right now," I whisper shakily, finally opening the window. We don't get far, however, because the door comes crashing down, Itachi standing there with a tall man behind him, the two of them wearing matching cloaks.

"Naruto Uzumaki... you are coming with us," Itachi demands, staring emotionlessly at the two of us. Naruto gasps, his eyes wide as he takes in just how powerful these two are. You could practically feel the danger radiating off of them.

"I... I'll never let you take him, Itachi!" I shriek, my emotions running rampant. I felt so many different ways right now, I could barely even think straight.

Whipping out a kunai, I push Naruto behind me and stand poised for battle, my mangekyo sharingan blazing in my eyes. The man behind Itachi chuckles humorlessly, taking note of my peculiar kekkei genkai.

"Ne, Itachi, I thought you wiped out the whole clan? That girl looks an awful lot like you, not to mention her sharingan," he growls out. Itachi merely blinks, not moving an inch.

"She is my imouto, Satomi Uchiha. And behind us would be my otouto, Sasuke Uchiha. Its been a long time, hasn't it, my siblings?" Itachi drawls out, flicking his eyes behind him to where I assume Sasuke is.