The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 28

Satomi P.O.V.

"Ne, Naruto-kun, who is training you for the final exam?"

I had finally been released from the hospital, all of my injuries being healed enough for me to start training. Had it not been for medical ninjutsu, I would have never gotten out of there so quickly, especially with the extent of my injuries.

"I was gonna have Kakashi-sensei train me, but he is busy with Sasuke-teme. Old man Hokage gave me this stupid closet pervert to train me, but this other older pervert beat him up so now he's training me," Naruto explains. I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. Sometimes it's best to just smile and nod...

"At least you have someone to train you... I don't have a clue as to who I should ask. All of the senseis I know have someone to train, already," I say with a frown. Naruto hums in acknowledgment, a hand pressed to his chin in thought.

"I could ask the Pervy Sage if you could train with us," Naruto offers. I smile gently but shake my head with a sigh.

"I couldn't ask that of you, Naruto. You're going to be fighting Neji... you'll need as much training as you can get," I decline. Naruto shrugs and places his hands behind his head.

"What time is it, anyway, Satomi-chan?" Naruto questions. I glance up at the sun, estimating its position in the sky.

"A little after noon. Why?"

"I'm late for training! Sorry, Satomi-chan, but I've gotta go! Good luck finding a sensei!" Naruto calls, dashing away in a hurry. I blink in surprise, turning and heading towards the Hokage tower.

Maybe Lord Hokage could find someone to train me.

::

"Come in," a gruff voice states, allowing me to open the door to the Hokage's office. I bow in respect and step up to the Hokage's desk, staring stonily into his wise eyes.

"Ah, Satomi. What can I do for you?" Lord Hokage asks, smiling kindly at me.

"Hokage-sama... I was wondering if there was anybody available to train me for the finals. There isn't anyone I know available," I say, getting straight to the point. He puffs on his pipe, humming in thought. In the middle of our meeting, the door opens, a man walking in without knocking.

"Sorry for the intrusion, Hiruzen-sensei, but I just got back from my mission and I have some information," the man states, ignoring my presence completely. I flick my gaze up to him, curiosity brimming in my orbs.

The man seemed a little on the older side, but he looked pretty good for what I'm assuming his age is. He had his red hair pulled into a ponytail, reaching down to his waist. His only visible eye, the right one, was a bright green, contrasting his scarlet hair. Tilting my head back, I was able to peak under his bangs and catch sight of a flash of violet from his other eye, leading me to believe that he has heterochromia.

He had a few long strands of hair pulled in front, which framed his face, and some shorter bangs that covered his left eye. The man wore a black shirt with a red zipper, which was tucked into a band around his waist. His pants were red, a black weapons pouch on his left leg and the standard ninja sandals on his feet.

"Ryouichi, welcome back. We will go over your mission details once I'm finished up with some business with Satomi," Lord Hokage says. Ryouichi glances down at me stonily, seemingly unimpressed.

"Actually, I have a favor to ask of you, Ryouichi. As you know, the finals for the chunin exams are coming up. Satomi here needs someone to train her, and I think you'll be perfect," Lord Hokage asks. Ryouichi sighs, no emotion appearing on his face.