The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 26

Satomi P.O.V.

Everyone begins to jump up to the balconies, so I take the opportunity to talk to Sasuke.

"Listen to me... I understand you may be mad at me right now, but I still worry about you. This guy made it to the end of the chunin exams. Don't let your guard down... and be careful with your curse mark. I know you can beat him."

Sasuke nods, seemingly forgiving me, so I sigh and jump up to where my team is.

"Satomi. How was the exam?" Kakashi-sensei says, glancing down at me from behind his book. I frown, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Lots of things happened..."

"I bet. After your match, I'm going to have to take you and Sasuke somewhere to fix you up," Kakashi-sensei says, implying the marks on our necks. I nod wordlessly and watch as Sasuke and Yoroi take up stances across from one another.

"This fight begins... now!"

Immediately, Yoroi performs a hand sign, a weird chakra spreading around his hand. Yoroi throws a handful of shuriken, to which Sasuke deflects back to him with a kunai. The curse mark on his shoulder, however, causes him severe pain, so he drops to the floor harmlessly.

Yoroi, seeing the opportunity to strike, dashes in and aims his chakra coated hand towards Sasuke. He evades to the side, slamming the kunai down into the cement and whipping his body around to knock Yoroi off of his feet and put him in a hold he couldn't escape.

Although he was caught by Sasuke, Yoroi reactivates his jutsu, grabbing onto Sasuke's arm. It seems to draw the strength from Sasuke... which could be perilous. If he loses all of his chakra... the curse mark could come out and take over his body.

Yoroi then slams his arm down on Sasuke's torso, knocking the wind out of him, and jumps away without injury. Sasuke is left panting on the floor, a grimace on his face. Not wasting any time, Yoroi sprints forward yet again, clutching Sasuke's head with his jutsu.

Sasuke's strength drains tremendously, as his arms are twitching at his sides. I bite my lip, clenching the railing in fear. Fear that Sasuke will lose... and have to use the curse mark.

"Come on Sasuke, you can beat him! Don't give up!" Sakura cheers faithfully. Sasuke, having heard her, kicks Yoroi away and stands on his own two feet. With no plan, he was doomed to get caught once again.

"What the hell is this, Sasuke! And you call yourself an Uchiha!" Naruto calls, trying to get Sasuke riled up enough to win. Sasuke glares back at us, glancing at Naruto and then Lee before his eyes widen. He had a plan.

"This will teach you to turn your back on me!" Yoroi calls, rushing towards Sasuke yet again. Sasuke's lips quirk into a small smirk before he disappears, reappearing under Yoroi and kicking him high into the air.

Sasuke travels after him, and I notice Lee clench the railing with a look of disbelief. Now that I think about it... isn't this his move?

"I've got to admit, this move is borrowed... but from here on out, the rest is completely original!" Sasuke calls out, but once again he clutches his neck in pain. The curse mark begins to travel across his body, making me narrow my eyes.

Sasuke glances over at us in a daze, but I make eye contact with him.

"You're an Uchiha. Don't let this beat you," I whisper out. Sasuke's curse mark recedes once again, having been beaten by his will. With new found confidence, Sasuke flips Yoroi over and throws a slur of kicks and punches at him, finally slamming him down into the ground with one last powerful kick to the stomach, before sliding away.