The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 15

Satomi P.O.V

I frown while Sasuke and Haku battle, the advantage obviously being Haku's. You see, Sasuke truly is skilled, and I know first hand. We graduated top of our genin class and he has consistently proven to us that he is a capable shinobi.

Haku, however, also seemed to be very competent and most likely had much more experience than Sasuke has. There is no way that Sasuke would beat Haku at his current skill level without help. Which is why I was going to help.

I take a step forward, my intentions to help Sasuke, but before I can go any farther a kunai is thrown at me, causing me to jump back to avoid it. I scoff and glare at Zabuza, who was the one who threw the kunai.

"You will leave those two alone. You and Kakashi are my opponents," Zabuza states. I bite my lip in irritation. Damn, Sasuke needed help badly, especially now that Haku has him trapped in some sort of jutsu, which I'm assuming is a kekkei genkai.

If I could get close enough, I would be able to body flicker to his side, but at the moment I was a little preoccupied.

"You know, Haku is not going to win this battle," Kakashi-sensei taunts Zabuza, although he still looked doubtful.

"And why is that?" Zabuza asks, narrowing his eyes. Kakashi-sensei laughs humorlessly and smirks under his mask.

"You see, Sasuke over there was our top graduating genin in his class, and all of this commotion is likely to bring out his true power. Sakura is our sharpest mind, and Satomi right here is Sasuke's twin sister who is on par, if not more advanced than her twin... and last is our number one, hyperactive knuckleheaded ninja, Naruto Uzumaki!" Kakashi-sensei explains. It seemed like Zabuza still didn't believe him since he raised an eyebrow mockingly.

"Oh? You believe that these brats can beat me?" Zabuza taunts maliciously. Kakashi-sensei pulls up his headband, revealing his sharingan to Zabuza once again.

"I know that they can beat you. They've done it once before, and they can do it again," Kakashi-sensei states with certainty, whipping out a kunai. Zabuza pulls up his massive sword and gets ready to fight.

"The same trick won't work on me twice, Kakashi. It looks like the only trick you have up your sleeve is that sharingan of yours."

Kakashi-sensei narrows his eyes but stays where he is, resorting to keeping Tazuna and I safe rather than to rescue Sasuke. From behind me, Sakura fidgets in her stance, before sliding a kunai out of her weapons pouch.

"I'm sorry, Tazuna. But I have to help Sasuke!" she states, running off to the side and throwing her kunai at one of Haku's mirrors. Zabuza just watches as she attacks, instead of stopping her, which confuses me. He said that he would stop anyone if they tried to interfere, yet just lets Sakura attack? There is something up.

I watch in amazement as Haku's arm protrudes from the ice mirror and catches Sakura's kunai easily. Zabuza smirks as he watches Haku, knowing that he would stop the kunai before it hit. I grit my teeth and turn my attention back to Haku, who was preparing to throw the kunai back to Sakura. However, a shuriken comes out of nowhere and slices the front of Haku's mask, throwing him off balance and causing him to fall out of his jutsu.

Moments later, a large puff of smoke appears in the middle of a bridge. My face falls slack as I finally realize what's going on. Naruto had arrived... but he gave away his position. I bring a hand up to my face and sigh, vaguely listening as Naruto begins his little speech.

"Naruto Uzumaki... has arrived!" Kakashi-sensei 'tsks' and glares at Naruto.

"Now, for my ultra-powerful jutsu... Shadow Clone Jutsu!" Naruto shouts, putting his hands into hand signs.