The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 41

Satomi P.O.V.

I sigh in relief as Naruto runs up to me, having been thrown into a rock by the snake summoning that had swallowed him. Shizune was still knocked out from her battle with Kabuto, and Tsunade was no different.

"Did you get him, Satomi-chan?!" he asks hopefully, taking note of Kabuto's crumpled form on the ground next to me. I nod silently, nudging his side with my foot to prove my point.

"He underestimated me so I was able to catch him in a genjutsu. From what I've gathered, he won't be breaking out of this any time soon. He's no good with genjutsu," I inform Naruto with a sigh. He grins and brings me in for a hug, which I accept shamelessly. 

"Now we just have to wait for Pervy Sage and One Eye to finish wiping the floor with Orochimaru!" Naruto cheers, walking over to Tsunade's side with me. I suppress a giggle at his nickname for Ryouichi-sensei, giving him a playful glance.

"Better not call him that to his face, he wouldn't like that very much," I joke, kneeling beside Tsunade with Naruto. He sighs at the sight of her pitiful state, grumbling about how she should snap out of it so she could help Pervy Sage.

"Who's the careless one now, Satomi?" a voice sneers from behind me, causing me to whip around with wide eyes and disbelief plastered all over my face. Behind me stood Kabuto, who was furious that I had put him in a genjutsu.

His fist was clenched, aiming to slug me across the face mercilessly. I gasp when I realize that I can't body flicker away, my hands not able to create the hand sign. A flash of orange invades my vision, Naruto having taken the punch right over his headband for me. 

"How the hell are you up right now?! There is no way you could have broken out of that so easily!" I shout in disbelief, stumbling to my feet. Kabuto chuckles lowly, tilting his head mockingly at me.

"Lord Orochimaru has the power to extend his reach as far as he likes. All he needed was the opportunity to do it, and he was able to break the genjutsu easily," he shrugs. I scoff, glaring at the snake-like man across the clearing. He may not see it, but I'm sure he could feel it.

"Damn you..."

"I got this, Satomi-chan! You just rest up and I'll take care of the rest!" Naruto assures, a confident smirk on his face. I bite my lip, but nonetheless nod, my faith placed in Naruto. If anyone could defeat a foe despite the odds, it was most definitely Naruto.

Kneeling beside Tsunade, I painfully wipe away any blood I could see on her with my injured hand, glancing back every so often at Naruto as he battled Kabuto. They exchanged multiple blows, although it seemed like Naruto was on the losing side, especially when Kabuto managed to get his legs with his medical ninjutsu.

"Lady Tsunade, please snap out of it! You can't just sit here as we all die!" I shout, watching in horror as Kabuto charges towards Naruto with a kunai. Tsunade lifts her head, watching as Naruto stops Kabuto by taking the hit with the kunai and producing a clone as a jutsu appears in his hand.

"No way... is that...?" she mumbles as a perfect blue sphere condenses in Naruto's hand, a large grin on his face.

"Rasengan!"

Kabuto takes the attack full force, being thrown back into a rock and crushing it from the sheer force, a large red welt forming on his abdomen. Tsunade gasps in awe as Naruto stands up proudly, having mastered the jutsu in one week.

Our celebration vanishes, however, as Naruto falls backward, his breathing extremely strained as if something was messing with him internally. My eyes narrow on Kabuto, who was chuckling madly as he stood up, his welt being healed right before our eyes.