The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 4

3rd Person P.O.V.

"How are you feeling, Satomi-chan?" Shisui asks, walking into Satomi's hospital room. Said girl looks up from her book with a bright smile. Her eyes, however, looked unusually dull.

"Shisui-sensei! I'm doing much better now. Thanks again for last night," Satomi thanks cheerfully. Shisui smiles and pulls up a chair next to her bed.

"I just thought I'd come to hang out, maybe discuss a bit of your training schedule now that you're injured," he says. Satomi nods her head and sits up, placing down her book.

"So obviously you need to heal after last night's... incident," Shisui starts, "but I expect you to be back on your feet for training in six weeks. Also, you can't skip out on your meditation either."

"No problem, Shisui-sensei! I'll make sure to stay in the best condition for training," Satomi assures with a large grin. Shisui smiles back, yet a little bit of guilt lingers within him. When he heard Satomi scream, he hadn't run as fast as he could to get to her. Hell, he almost didn't go check it out. His gut was the only thing guiding him, but he was sure glad it did.

"Actually, Satomi-chan, one more thing..." Shisui whispers, "what happened last night?"

Satomi's smile fell, and she resorted to staring at her bed sheets with a frown. Obviously, it wasn't a pleasant experience, if her expression was anything to go by.

"I was sleeping... but I got cold and when I opened my eyes, the window was open," Satomi recalls, "I figured that Sasuke had opened it in the middle of the night, so I got out of bed to close it. When I went to close it though... there was a guy behind me, who covered my mouth and threatened to kill me if I screamed."

"He ended up taking me outside and to the woods, then told me not to scream again when he uncovered my mouth. I figured that if he needed me so bad, he wouldn't kill me so I took my chances and screamed in case someone heard me. He knocked me out after that, then we ran to a place pretty far away, where they tied me up." Satomi says, causing Shisui to lock his jaw in anger.

"When I woke up again, he put a kunai to my throat and cut it a little, then went to go eat. I couldn't get out of the ropes and there was no weapon around, so I had to dislocate my shoulder to get out. After that, I ran away, but they ended up catching me and tackling me to the ground. The guy who took me punched me in the face, and you know the rest."

Shisui stared into Satomi's eyes, a frown adorning his face. He sighed and got up, putting the chair back in its place before walking away.

"I'll visit you when you get home, which should be soon," Shisui said, waving a hand behind his back as he walks away. After Shisui had left, Itachi, Sasuke, and Mikoto had arrived to visit Satomi as well.

"Satomi-chan! We missed you!" Sasuke shouts, running over to his twin's bedside. Satomi grins at Sasuke as well.

"I missed you too, Sasuke-kun!" she cheers, helping him onto her bed with her good arm. Itachi and Mikoto stand next to her bedside, Mikoto with a large smile and Itachi with a barely noticeable frown. He couldn't believe he allowed her to get kidnapped when he was sleeping in the room next to her. It was unacceptable.

"I'm glad you're doing well, Satomi-chan. You're cleared to leave the hospital tomorrow morning," Mikoto informs, placing a bouquet of flowers next to Satomi's bed. Satomi gazes at the flowers, a small quirk of her lips barely noticeable.

"Thank you, okaa-san," Satomi whispers, reaching out her arm and gently grazing the surface of one of its petals. The flower sways at the touch, its snow-white petals littering the pot. Satomi's contradicting eyes bore into the flowers, a steel determination settling in her irises. She would get stronger, so that something like that never happens again. Not to her, or anybody she loves.