The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 23

Satomi P.O.V.

"Time to die!" Dosu declares, charging forward. Sakura watches on, scared out of her wits, and I could barely move.

"Sakura! Move!" I command, stumbling in front of her protectively. Sakura screams in terror, while I close my eyes and wait for the impact of the punch. Although... it never comes. Slowly opening my eyes, I see Lee poised in front of us, having kicked Dosu away before he could attack.

"Lee!" Sakura cheers thankfully, clasping her hands in front of her. I sigh with relief, falling to one knee to take a breath. If I just had a few minutes to get my bearings... I could then fight.

"I told you... I would always come to your rescue, my beautiful lotus!" Lee says, winking at Sakura. Surprisingly enough, Sakura gently smiles back with no hesitation. It seems he finally won her trust.

"Where are Neji and Tenten?" I ask quickly, hoping that they could come to back us up. Lee sighs, never taking his eyes off of our opponents.

"They are not here, unfortunately. However... this battle will soon be over!" Lee states confidently, glaring at the Oto shinobi. They all smirk, unperturbed by Lee's appearance.

"Looks like we'll have to take you down, too," Zaku sneers. Lee doesn't flinch, merely gazing at them without any emotion. Dosu soon gets tired of it, running forward with the intent to kill. He throws a punch towards Lee, although Lee saw the attack on Kabuto during the first exam, so he knew he couldn't just dodge it.

Lee shoves his hand underground, grabbing hold of a root of the tree and pulling it up, blocking the attack without getting any damage. Dosu growls, attempting to jump away, however, Lee had already begun his next attack.

Kicking Dosu upwards, he jumps up and wraps the bandages from his arms around Dosu's body, quickly turning and spiraling them downwards. Zaku, knowing that this attack would be trouble, performs a set of hand signs and slams his hands on the ground, sending a ripple through it which stops where Dosu would make contact with the earth.

Lee flips away at the last second, leaving Dosu to slam head first in the ground, but the effect Zaku's jutsu had on the ground made it soft and spongy, not dealing nearly as much damage as it could have. Not only that, but Lee was now worn out from the attack, but the others were still completely fine.

"That was some attack... but it looks like you're all tired out," Dosu hisses, running forward and throwing a punch towards Lee. He dodges, but the effects of the machine on his arm end up affecting him pretty bad.

He falls to one knee, clutching his head and swaying back and forth. I gulp, ready to step in, in case things start to get bad. Sakura starts shaking, realizing just the situation we were in. We could die... nobody would save us.

"I guess we'll just have to kill the two of you!" Dosu announces, running towards Sakura and I. I grit my teeth, charging to meet him head-on. He throws a punch, but I knew better than to merely move back to avoid getting hit.

I do a backbend, letting the sound waves pass over me. Dosu, not expecting me to do such a move, stops in his place with wide eyes.

"What?!"

I smirk, kicking upwards and sending him back. Twirling on my hands, I land in a crouched position, then using my hands to perform a quick hand sign. I body flicker behind Dosu mid-air, smashing my elbow down on his face. He crumples down, his nose now bloodied as I land on one knee, panting.

Growling, Dosu leaps up, to which I back away, but he had already directed his sound jutsu. Biting my lip, a screech penetrates my ears, but just barely. The attack leaves me disoriented, giving Dosu time to grab my already bruised neck and slam me against the trunk of a nearby tree.