The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 48

Satomi P.O.V.

I pant wildly as Sasuke stares at me, a bit of blood dribbling down his chin from my punch. The unnerving part, though, was the fact that his face was devoid of any emotion whatsoever. 

"This is my fault, isn't it? I haven't supported you like I needed to, as your sister. But I promise, if you come back, I'll do better! You just tell me what I need to change and I'll do it! Just please... please, Sasuke... don't leave me alone. I'll give up my life as a shinobi if you want! I'll help you kill Itachi! Just... just come home with me. What do you say?" I whisper, holding my hand out to him, tears beginning to flow down my cheeks.

Sasuke stares at my hand, before lifting his own and slowly reaching towards my outstretched grasp. A disbelieving smile reaches my face, my spirits lifting as he comes closer and closer to coming home.

All of my happiness shatters away as his hand darts past my own, backhanding me hard enough to send me tumbling over the side of the statue, a devious grin on his face.

"You're too weak."

Those three words break my heart in two, my expression no doubt crumbling as I watch his figure disappear, my body hurtling towards the water at breakneck speed. He didn't give a damn if I died... all he cares about is his own selfish revenge.

::

3rd Person P.O.V.

Naruto watches in disbelief as Satomi is sent plummeting into the water, Sasuke having sent her over the edge carelessly. He couldn't believe just how powerful Sasuke had become, even from just after a day.

Growling, Naruto pushes himself back onto the water, preparing to go back at Sasuke with a newfound drive to bring him home. Sasuke sees the attack incoming, jumping down and getting the better of Naruto, punching him back down into the earth, but not before stealing his weapons pouch.

Whilst trying to catch his breath, Naruto sends a shuriken towards Sasuke to try to befuddle him, however, Sasuke dodges and throws a kunai of his own which Naruto just barely manages to dodge.

Naruto then decides to hide behind a rock in order to come up with a plan of attack. Sneering, Sasuke sends out two kunai, one to deflect the other straight into Naruto's hiding place. Luckily, Naruto had just enough time to produce a shadow clone to take the attack before he leaps into the air determinedly.

Working swiftly, Sasuke sends out a barrage of shuriken, many containing wires, which trap Naruto against a rock. He squirms to get out, but to no avail as Sasuke sends a stream of fire down the wire, which would incinerate Naruto.

A kunai cuts through the wires before they had a chance to hit their mark, much to Sasuke and Naruto's surprise. Looking over, they find Satomi panting as she resurfaces from the water, her heart seemingly broken if her expression was anything to go by.

Taking the opportunity to strike, Naruto darts forwards and nails Sasuke with a right hook. He hesitates, however, when he sees the dead look in his eyes. Scoffing, Naruto throws another few punches, with the same results.

"Do you realize now... that I'm not even using my sharingan?" Sasuke growls, kicking Naruto down to the ground. Naruto coughs up blood when he makes impact, surprise littering his features. Just what had happened to his friend to make him like this?

Not wasting any time, Sasuke sends a fireball towards Naruto, who could barely move after all of the powerful attacks he had taken. Satomi, who had finally caught her breath, body flickers in front of Naruto, sending her own fireball and picking up Naruto, hiding in the forest with him until they could come up with a plan to take Sasuke down.