The rain's comfort

My cold fingers clenched to the blade, only making my fingers bleed. What am I doing? I thought to my self. The heavy rain interfered with my thoughts, I loosen my grip and hold my numb hand out to feel the invigorating rain, as it seep into the deep cuts. I sat on the roof numbly, not thinking of the present.

"Jade?" a familiar voice spoke out.

He came and approached me while I fumbled to hide the blades in my pocket.

"What are you doing? How long have you been up here? c'mon your gonna catch a cold just sitting up here." he had a warmth to his voice, even when he bombarded me with questions.

"Just thinking..." he sat next to me, his long legs peeked out of the little shelter from above, exposing his vans to the rain.

"Really? 'bout what?"

"You, of corse" I flashed him a slight smile.

" Is that a detailed receipt? oh yeah, see I didn't buy your bullshit. " I couldn't help but let out a little giggle, he always knew how to make me smile, even on the bad days.

"Seriously what's up?"

"Have you ever just been walking down a street and some body call you a fag?" His facial expression turned into a mix of anger and sadness.

"Who's the little Fucker that called you that?!"

"Austin, it's okay, it's just the preps"

"No, they need to know that it's NOT okay to fuck with my girlfriend!" he growled.

"Stop babe, I just want to forget about it." I drifted off.

"No because there gonna do it again, sooner or later it's gonna get physical and I don't want you to get hurt." He said so smooth and caring, you can't help but feel your heart skip.

"It's fine. If it gets bad, I'll tell you"

"Promise?"

"I promise"

He pulled me in for a hug, I put my hand on his chest, but due to instinct my hand flinched, and I threw it behind me. But of corse he noticed... UGHHH. He reached for it... but I refused

"What is that?"

"Nothing"

"Let me see"

"Um, no it's okay"

"Let.Me.See"

I gave in, he would of pinned me down and hold me against my will, he's done it before. I should him my gruesome purple and red cuts.

"What. the hell. happend?"

He said in disbelief. I tried to quickly think of something, I knew if I told him I had a blade he was gonna freak then go find those preps, and start shit that I just don't want to deal with,he doesn't mean to though. He stared me down waiting for an answer.

"Hello?!" his voice raised, as he grabbed my shoulders. I saw sadness in his eyes.

"Um, I don't know? I seriously don't know... "

"Then why did you refuse to show me?"

"Austin..."

"No. I want names and those god damn blades!"

"Stop!" I cried, I didn't like it when he got into fights.

"I can't believe you!" he pushed me away from him.

I felt a sharp pain in my side as my body hit the brick wall. My pocket. It wasn't just my side that ached, my heart hurt too.

"Ahh-" I winced.

He turned around and I could see the regret.

"Jade... I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" he put his hand on my side.

"It's fine... I deserved it for lying to you..."

He didn't say anything, but he just held me... Suddenly he gently coxed my hand to him. I watched Austin's fingers dance around my cuts, I looked up to see his facial expression. His eyes got teary.