Chapter 12: New Found Feelings

November 15, 236 days to deadline

The sound of the snow-like ice being crushed with little effort, and the feeling of enjoying a preview of the cold days of December to come all around Japan were enough for Megumi to ignore her weak body and poor endurance and despite all odds, ran around and played as if she was a ten years old enjoying her first Christmas. Only it was the middle of November, and snow was only visible in the mountains, most specifically, the North Hakkoda Mountain Range, the place where she was supposed to be filming the first music video of her singer career, only she was more fascinated by the snow than what she actually cared about the filming.

Even her designer clothes weren't being cared enough since Megumi would usually throw herself to the silver-looking blanked of ice and snow and roll around it while giggling silently, being a childish little girl all the time despite being married at her young age, much to Akira's dislike, who did nothing but run after her trying to force her into taking care of herself and not catch a cold due to her efforts.

"Megumi-chan! Those clothes are a million dollar worth! I know that money came out of my credit card, but that's no reason for you to be ruining them when the filming hasn't even started yet!" Akira complained, but after seeing Megumi rolling around the snow and doing snow angels, the young business woman felt her heart melting despite the low temperatures and could only hug herself in embarrassment since one of her girls was having so much fun. "My sweet Megumi-chan is like a snow princess!" She yelled to herself.

"Akira! The director is losing his patience! We should be filming already!" Spoke Tadashi half in annoyance. After all, Yahiro left him in charge of the filming while he went doing some business with the head of the Hakkoda Resort, which wasn't of Tadashi's interest. He was more of the explorer type, not the business talking one. "Akira!" He yelled in annoyance, only that angered Akira and she ended knocking her boyfriend down after slamming him with a giant snow ball.

"Shut up! Can't you see I'm enjoying a Megumi-moment?" She yelled, but was then knocked down by a snowball hitting the back of her head, and upon turning around in annoyance, she also found one hitting her right in the face. Normally that would have angered her, but when hearing Megumi's soft laughter, Akira couldn't be any happier. "So, that's how it is? Take that then!" She yelled playfully before throwing a snowball directly to Megumi's face, which forced the girl to stand there with her teary eyes forever staring at Akira. Apparently, the young business girl had placed a lot of force into that snow throwing and had hurt Megumi's nose, freaking Akira out, who just ran toward the sobbing girl and was about to bury her into a strong hug, only Megumi was faking being wounded and when Akira got too close to her she placed a couple of snowballs at her friend's cheeks, forcing the girl to complain because of the cold sensation and Megumi to grin Yahiro style. "Cold! So cold! Megumi you bad girl!" She complained.

At few meters away from the group and at a balcony of the Hakkoda Resort's restaurant, was Yahiro just staring at Megumi while in the middle of his business talking. Only he got carried away staring at his wife as to place the proper importance to the business man in front of him, who ended clearing his throat trying to win Yahiro's attention. Yahiro finally reacted, and a quick glance to all the papers at the table was enough for him to remember what he was doing, he even read it all in seconds to be ready for his next move.

"My apologies." He said calmly. "Now, as I was saying, North Hakkoda Mountain Range is a paradise for snowboarding and all snow-based sports. The Yamamoto Entertainment Corporation is always looking for expanded frontiers, and investing in your resort would be a benefit both to our mutual business. Only, by signing this contract, you are allowing me half the responsibility of your business while leaving all the financial investments and construction projects as my company's responsibility. Wherever you see it, we both win." He added, the man with the long and white beard and wearing lumberjack-like clothes just smiled, a shine of interest was drawn on his face. Only Yahiro could tell he wasn't entirely convinced. Yahiro was confused, normally his business talking was almost one sided, with him easily convincing anyone, only right now he lacked something. He was no longer doing business as a Saiga, Kei mentioned it once, this was a gentler way of doing business.