Chapter 19: The Value of Money part 1

June 14, 23 days to deadline.

"Fo-forgive the intrusion." Megumi added weakly while carefully climbing Yahiro's medical-bed. Yahiro could feel her weight easily, the girl was light, so her body pressure on top of him was barely a bother. "It's going to feel cold a little." She explained, and Yahiro sweat dropped.

"I'm not worried about it feeling cold." Yahiro explained. "I'm worried about it feeling sharp. Are you sure you want to do it yourself? Knowing how nervous you always are and all that." And Megumi lowered her faced ashamed, but then smiled, took his hand, and placed his fingers at her lips so he would know she was smiling. "Try not to cut my eye off."

"Do you always have to worry me like this?" She added, and then began using some scissors to cut Yahiro's bandages. Today was the day Yahiro would be able to see again, and Megumi had convinced the doctor into allowing her to be the one cutting his bandages. She began circling Yahiro's head, until finally finding a Yahiro with his eyes closed below. "The doctor said you may feel dazzled once seeing again after two months... so try to take it easy." She explained.

"You are ridiculous, you knew that?" He added, and Megumi smiled oddly. "Wanting the first thing I see after two months to be you is totally not my style." And Megumi nodded in agreement, and then he approached her and kissed her softly, surprising Megumi who wasn't at all expecting that kiss, which only lasted a few seconds before Yahiro opened his eyes and faced her directly as the girl blushed madly. "Teasing is my job, not yours." He added, and Megumi nodded in agreement. "By the way, next time you guys want to plan a surprise party, make sure Akira isn't tapping her foot furiously when witnessing our closeness." Yahiro added while hugging Megumi closer to him, and then faced everyone at the hospital room who faced back at him with smiles on their faces, some even having tears just like Sakura, who immediately launched herself toward Yahiro and hugged him hard. "Uff! Hey!" And then he also felt Akira hugging him hard.

"I wasn't tapping my foot because I was mad at you and Megumi's intimate moment! I was anxious you fool!" Akira added. Yahiro then saw all other members from the special A there, all with smiled on their faces and glad for his recovery, and Yahiro felt a warm sensation hitting his chest. A year ago, this situation would be mostly impossible. And today, he was surrounded by friends. People who cared for him. All thanks to the once mute girl who opened her heart to him.

One Despicable Guy.

Chapter Nineteen: The Value of Money.

"They really... shouldn't have done this much..." Yahiro added a couple of hours later after the small celebration took place. He was eating some of Akira's cakes and drinking from a cup of tea. The celebration thought, didn't last long since they were inside of the hospital, so they were all rudely asked to leave by the doctors, leaving behind only Yahiro and Kei, since the later was the only one who signed as a visitor and was currently working by the coach next to Yahiro's bed and close to the window. "Is everything ready for my release from the hospital?" He wondered.

"In a couple of hours, after the doctor had made sure your eyesight is recovering." Kei explained, and Yahiro nodded in agreement. "Regardless of how good your operation went, don't forget you should take it easy. Your eyes will take at least one more week to adjust to the light." And Yahiro began blinking uncontrollably. "It's a normal reaction." Kei explained.

"It feels horrible." Yahiro continued. "I need something to read to speed this up. You got the financial report from the two months I have been blind?" And Kei nodded in agreement, took the papers, and delivered them to Yahiro, who then read them carefully. "No matter how much effort Megumi placed into it... she could only help us grow at 25% from our usual growing rate... we lost... too much acquisitive power in only two months. Chitose must be showing off about being better than me to my father by now."