Chapter 19: The Value of Money part 2

"You are going to what?" Akira yelled hard, and Yahiro covered his ears hard ignoring her strong yelling. "You are not serious! After all our hard work? Are you trying to tell me all we have been breaking our backs for is going to waste in 23 days? What are you thinking?" Akira added, and Yahiro grew a vein at his forehead.

"I'm not my father, Akira!" Yahiro yelled, and the girl was surprised. Never before had she ever thought about Yahiro yelling at her like this, and Yahiro lowered his head ashamed. "You should know better how my father works... after all, you were once going to be a Saiga yourself... you knew the monsters I lived with, same as Kei... you should know what could happen... if I win..." And Akira bit her lips not knowing what to say. "So I'm going to lose."

"But what if you are wrong?" And Yahiro lowered his head. "Megumi knows about this?" And Yahiro moved his head in negation. "You shouldn't take these kind of decisions so lightly! You will break her heart! I... I don't know if I want to help you with this... so these vacations... these days off are nothing but your way of losing to your father?"

"Not at all." Was Yahiro's reply. "I'm beating Chitose before losing to my father... you wouldn't understand... it's too complex..." And Akira didn't know what to do or say. "I need your help in arranging the paper work. Today is the only day in who knows how long, that the whole group will be together. These are the numbers I need you to seal the deal with." Yahiro added and showed a paper to Akira, and the girl widened her eyes.

"Wait. These numbers are unreal. Are you truly going to...?" And Yahiro nodded in agreement. "It's Megumi's money too! You really need to discuss this with her. It doesn't matter if you are the reason the Yamamoto Entertainment Corporation got this much power. What will Megumi think of this?" And Yahiro didn't reply. "When will she know about this... Yahiro...? This contract... it needs her signature too..." And Yahiro nodded once again.

"She will know the day of my birthday of course." And Akira widened her eyes surprised. "She will make the final decision." And Akira remained in silence. "Do you understand now?" And Akira nodded in agreement.

"You truly... belong to a far different world... don't you?" And Yahiro said nothing, he just faced Akira, who took a deep breathe. "I will do it... I owe you that much... but I don't know if the others will agree with this. So far it seems that the only one who loses is you..." And Yahiro smiled at that last. "But why?"

"A carefree life." Yahiro mentioned. "That's what I want. So I have time to tease Megumi for life." And Akira breathed out in defeat. "I really hate the value of money... that's why I'm doing all this..." And Akira nodded in agreement. "Then, work hard while I keep Megumi busy so she doesn't know what is going on." And Akira faced the numbers with concern, but decided to trust Yahiro, and support his idea.

----------

"Funfair!" Megumi exclaimed happily, and faced the many mechanical games. It was the first time in a while that Megumi was able to just have some fun and not to worry about the challenge. Her doubts finally dissipated, and she decided to have some fun with her husband as if they were a normal couple. "I haven't... visited a funfair in a very long time..." And Yahiro smiled for Megumi, and the girl blushed madly. "I want to eat some cotton candy!"

"Eh? You will gain weight." Yahiro teased, and Megumi flinched at that last. "We may not be investing but that doesn't mean we are not going to care for your idol career. Tomorrow you are back to the stages." And Megumi felt her eyes watering when seeing the cotton candy man selling the fluffy delight to some kids. "You want cotton candy that hard?" He continued teasing, and Megumi nodded several times in agreement. "It's fine for today." Yahiro added, and Megumi felt her heart filling itself with joy. She then took his hand and ran with him toward the cotton candy man.