Chapter 13: For my Loved One

November 30, 221 days to deadline

The sound of a sheet of paper being crushed around his hands was one Yahiro was barely able to tolerate. But at least it helped him escape his new found feelings for Megumi. Things were no longer as they used to be, after almost losing Megumi in a horrible accident, he hadn't been able to take her out of his mind. Everything he could think about was her, and his thoughts weren't at all healthy ones must of the time. He now desired her, as if in just a split second she could just disappear from his life. Just as she almost did during their trip to the mountains.

Yet, right now he couldn't invest any second in his thoughts about his wife. There was no time to waste, he had to return to his calculations, even when these calculations were made in a sheet of paper and not on his computer as was usual. Because of Chitose's new found financial strength, the Saiga Financial Group ended absorbing many important business chains, and recovered their lost power. To mitigate the damage, Yahiro ended doing a lot of sacrifices. He sold his little possessions trying to earn money for investments, which included selling his villa at Hawaii. And so, he ended under the care of Ryuu, just as his wife was, which didn't help him in the less to concentrate.

He now shared a room with her, they were husband and wife anyway, a husband and wife who had done nothing more than kissing and sharing their name so far. It normally wouldn't have bothered Yahiro in the less, he would even start teasing her because it was one of the things he enjoyed the most about her. Only now the mere thought of doing more than just teasing was tempting. But right now he needed to concentrate, and so, he used Megumi's sketchbook for his calculations, something needed to be done, and it needed to be done fast, or else he would never defeat his father.

So far his and Kei's quick actions managed to save the Yamamoto Entertainment Corporation from suffering a great loss. But the money fluctuation between their actions had frozen, and thanks to Megumi's poor health, the recording of the remaining songs had been placed in a long hiatus. The deadline for the delivery of the records was also close, and November was almost over. At this rate, her first album wouldn't make it to the stores in time for Christmas.

The situation was awful, and Yahiro couldn't even concentrate. Not with Megumi's poor health in the line, not with the guilt of it being his fault Megumi almost died half a month ago, and definitively not with all these women invading the room he was currently working at and preventing him from concentrating while they were all teary like and heartbreaking toward the in bed Megumi.

"Will you wyverns just shut up already? I'm trying to concentrate here!" He yelled in annoyance, and tried to return to his calculations with no luck since the distractors where just too selfish and self-centered as to be of any help to the situation.

"You shut up! Stupid son!" Yelled Akemi hard and threw Megumi's pillow toward Yahiro's head, who ignored it all and tried to place his attention back into his working. They were all inside of Megumi's room, with the sick girl pulling her oxygen mask away from the many hands at her bed and while trying not to yell in annoyance for this much attention. "It's your fault my sweet Megumi-chan is sick! So you shut up!" And that lowered Yahiro's mood. But still, he tried to concentrate.

"Akemi, you are being too noisy! My precious Megumi-chan needs to rest!" Rin complained while hugging Megumi harder than ever, something Megumi complained about, but still couldn't tell her two worry-sick mothers due to her not wanting to waste any more of her precious oxygen. "Just look at her! She is all worked out! Your yelling is irritating her!" Rin complained. And Akemi stared at the fierce woman in annoyance, as trying to help her realize no one should ever mess with a Saiga.