Chapter 14: Merry S. A. Christmas

December 20, 201 days to deadline.

Christmas was close. There were no classes left. Students were even receiving their diplomas, something Yahiro didn't care about since this was the second time he ended receiving one. There were tears in the faces of many. Some were even speaking about university. Some others never cared about continuing with their studies and just wanted to work already. And again, Yahiro never cared about the interest of them. He only cared about one person, and that was Megumi. The Special A was having a special meeting apart from the ones of Yahiro's classmates. Their own farewell speech, their own ceremony, their own everything.

Some bystander students were cheering for them, and crying as well, especially for Hikari, since she was the fan favorite who could never beat Kei in grades or anything to begin with. Yahiro just faced them all, as they took their Special A uniforms and delivered them to the top seven of the new generation, the new Special A. Yahiro placed very close attention to that gesture. In the eyes of everyone, there was sadness. Even Kei wasn't exempt of the sensation.

For Yahiro, graduating meant nothing. He didn't have friends to begin with, just the Special A. But for the seven, it meant giving up their greenhouse. The place where they could all be together and have fun. The seven even delivered their keys to the new seven, and gave their farewell to their institute. It was over. They were no longer the Special A. They were graduates now. And they had to move on.

Later that same day, Yahiro was invited by Kei to join them at a restaurant for the celebration. Megumi was silent the whole time, more than what was usual anyway. Everyone else was smiling and speaking about the future. But not her. She was actually depressed.

"Eh? Studying abroad?" Both Yahiro and Megumi suddenly heard, and Megumi flinched when hearing that last. Hikari was speaking to Ryuu, and everyone went into silence. "You are going to transfer to Finn's country? Congratulations!" Hikari mentioned, being as dense as to not realize what Ryuu's decision really meant.

"Yes... Finn and I are formalizing our relationship. So I decided to continue my studies at her country. I will start a business management doctorate there." And Hikari was surprised. "I took that decision after Yahiro broke my nose the other day. Now I know I can leave Megumi under his care, and move on." And Megumi grew worried, Yahiro noticed. "Jun? Will you be ok?" Ryuu wondered, and Jun just smiled.

"It's fine! I will enter Todai academy and study economy there." Jun added, and Megumi once again lowered her face. "I need to know more about marketing and budgets anyway. I'm the Co-CEO of the Yamamoto Entertainment Corporation after all. So, even if it is only for the diploma, I need a career to make a name of our familiar business." And Jun then faced Akira. "You are going to Todai too, right, Akira-san? Please take good care of me." Jun added cheerfully.

"It will be my pleasure." Akira mentioned. "Todai is a low resource academy to my taste, but I have heard the clothing design career is one of the best in the world! So I think I can tolerate the lack of fanciness." Akira mentioned, and then faced Hikari, who lowered her head ashamed. "Sorry Hikari-chan! I sometimes forget you are poor!" And Hikari lowered her head even more at that last. "Anyway, Tadashi, you haven't mentioned what you are going to do." Akira asked.

"Paleontology!" He yelled, and Akira quickly smacked the back of his head hard. "Ouch! But I want to be a paleontologist!" He cried. "But regardless of my likings, mom is forcing me to study a doctorate in human psychology! She wants me to be the director of our institute someday! I hate psychology!" And then everyone ignored him and faced Kei.