Chapter 12: Transport

"Bas!" Krist skip-hopped over to the fairy and smiled sweetly when he received a pet on his head.

"How's my sweet bunny doing?" Bas asked.

"Good," Krist answered and pointed at Godt, who was lying on the floor. "What's wrong with...?"

"He saw me and fainted," Bas explained. "I must be too beautiful for him to handle."

"Yes...yes." Krist nodded. "Bas is very beautiful."

"Aw...you're beautiful as well." Bas cupped Krist's cheeks and cooed.

"Krist is cute."

"Why...yes," Bas agreed. "Yes, you are."

"Sing is the most handsome!" Krist announced.

"You like him, huh?" Bas chuckled.

"Krist loves Sing! Love...love..."

"I could see that." With his index finger, Bas gave Krist a light tap on the tip of his nose.

"Seriously?" Godt muttered his complaints when he woke up. "Could someone give me some attention here? I'm still passed out on the floor. Hello?"

Both Krist and Bas averted their eyes over to Godt.

"Oh, you're finally conscious," Bas blurted nonchalantly. "For someone who is passed out, you're really not passed out."

"Geez, how could you tell?" Godt mocked.

"I have my talents." Bas smirked.

"Oh, great," Godt grumbled dryly. "I'm in the presence of a narcissistic fairy."

"It takes a narcissist to know a narcissist," Bas returned.

"Aren't you cunning?"

"It comes with the job," Bas uttered. "And you're quite a contradiction."

"What?" Godt hissed. "Why?"

"You claim not to be a fainter, when you clearly are; and you're awake when you're supposedly passed out. You might be extremely handsome, but you're a complicated human to figure out."

"You think that I'm handsome?" Godt grinned. No, wait. This is not the time to float on cloud nine. He shook his head in distaste. "Help me up please." Godt reached out an arm and Krist went to assist him up to his feet.

"Are you okay?" Krist blinked innocently at him.

"I'm fine," Godt responded. "Thank you, cutie pie."

"Pies are yummy." Krist cheered.

"Yes, they are." Taking a step toward Bas, Godt glanced at him from head to toe. "So, you're the fairy?"

"My name is, Bas."

Godt straightened up as though he wanted to tower over the shorter male as a form of intimidation. "Aren't you a little short to be a fairy?"

"It's easier for me to get around. Taller fairies tend to lose an arm or a leg when they transport, because their limbs get stuck between realms from being too long."

"I'm a human; not a fairy." Godt informed. "I don't transport."

"I have the power to transport humans. Then again, that adds to the possibility of the person losing more than one limb. Anyway, I'm getting better at it. The last human that I transported only lost three fingers. So, do you need me to transport you anywhere?"