Chapter 19: Flower

Godt drew away from Bas's lips.

"Did it work?" Max asked curiously.

"Um...there's still no reaction," Tul stated.

"Try it again, Nong," Singto suggested.

"Yeah, and keep your lips on his," Max added.

"What?" Godt gasped. "Do I have to?"

"Just do it!" Tul huffed.

"Do it!" Krist joined in on the fun.

"Oh, all right." Godt lowered himself and kissed Bas's lips once more. This time, he stayed frozen in that state with his eyes wide opened.

"Is it working?" Max muttered curiously.

"I don't know." Tul was holding his breath.

Seeing Bas wrinkling his brows, Singto notified. "I think it is working. He's waking up."

"Sing is right!" Krist cheered. "Bas is awake."

Hearing that, Godt immediately pulled away and got up whilst wiping his lips with the back of his hands.

"Bas!" Krist helped him sit up and patted the fairy's face with both of his palms lightly. "Are you okay?"

"What happened?" Bas blinked with round eyes.

"You fainted after Nong Godt's kiss of death," Tul mocked.

"Kiss of death?"

"Apparently so," Max confirmed.

"Is this what death feels like?" Bas questioned. "Am I really dead?"

"No, you just fainted." Singto intervened and went to help Krist assist the fairy to the couch. "Well, you feel much lighter now."

"That is because I placed a spell on myself to become extremely heavy when I'm not conscious," Bas explained. "My physical form isn't very big, so it's to protect myself from being stolen by strange people."

"I see." Singto nodded. "That's very clever of you."

"If you have so much power, why don't you make yourself bigger?" Godt taunted.

"Each person is born a certain way, and no one has a choice of how he or she will turn out. It's the same for fairies. We are what we are. We must learn to live with what we have."

"So, you're alive?" Max inquired.

"Yes," Bas supplied. "Why? Do I not look alive to you?"

"You do. It's just that, I thought fairies have a different level of existence."

"We do." Bas smiled. "As for our lifespan, we have about the same lifespan as humans. We just have more time to spend, since we don't need to sleep."

"In other words, you're a freaking battery," Godt commented.

"As long as it's a pretty battery, you could call me whatever you like," Bas admitted. "Would you like to take advantage of me now?"

Godt noticed everyone gawking at him in disapproval and wheezed. "Hey! Don't get the wrong idea, okay? Fairy boy is the one taking advantage of me. He kissed me and fainted. I had nothing to do with it other than the fact that my handsomeness might have been too much for him to process. Tell them the truth."